DVD Shrink causes Radeon 9000 Failure

vbimport

Hi,

Everytime I start dvd shrink, or after a few minutes of using it, my computer freezes up, resulting in my having to restart the laptop.

I have no problems of any kind ripping, burning, or graphics wise with any other program, only DVDshrink… any ideas?

Sometimes, rather than freezing up, windows will say that my graphics card has run out of useable memory and it will switch to a really low resolution graphics mode where everything is pixelated and images are just dots and a few colors. When I restart my computer everything works again and windows tells me that Ive had a serious error with my graphics card.

This doesn’t occur when ripping with dvd decryptor, watching movies, or playing video games. It happens right when I start dvd shrink or in the beginning of ripping.

I have a Toshiba S206 2.8GHZ P4 laptop with 896 mb Ram running SP2. My graphics card is an 128 MB, shared, ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP

My burner is a NEC 6500A running stock firmware version 2.22.

(Ive uninstalled and redownloaded dvdshrink)

Thanks for any insight!!
-Lane

Have you tried different “renderers”? Go to Edit->Preferences->Preview and play with different settings - or you may be stuck with no preview.

update your ati drivers to latest Radeon drivers. www.ati.com