DVD Shrink and 64bit machines

vbimport

Hi all, I had to get a new computer , and it is a 64 bit machine. I have to redownload all of the programs I have used in the past. I was wondering if anyone knows if DVD Shrink will work on a 64bit machine, as opposed to the older 32bit. If not, I don’t want to take the chance on corrupting anything.

Any worries? :confused:

Thanks

No worries

Works fine

Thanks bean55, I do appreciate your quick response.

[QUOTE=firecat;2567124]Hi all, I had to get a new computer , and it is a 64 bit machine. I have to redownload all of the programs I have used in the past. I was wondering if anyone knows if DVD Shrink will work on a 64bit machine, as opposed to the older 32bit. If not, I don’t want to take the chance on corrupting anything.

Any worries? :confused:

Thanks[/QUOTE]

32bit will work fine on 64bit machine you won’t get full memory past 2.5 g use on 32 apps and 32 will work and run fine on 64 machine. The limit is 16bit older programs will not run or install correctly on 64 machine. Just remember there will be two program files folder one for x64 and one indication x86 program folders. Programs will install in the correct folders and directory. 64 allows you to have more memory installed and used as well as more but for me right now I have 4G and some 64 programs and some 32 programs installed on my w7x64 ult system and they work fine together.

One more question if no one minds. I run DVDFab, and I use IMGBurn to burn to a disc, do I still need to use DVDShrink before burning from IMGBurn? Or can I go right from DVDFab to IMGBurn?

I ran shrink but had a hell of a time finding the file when I had to browse my hd for IMGBurn to be able to burn it. I wasn’t this difficult before I changed to Windows 7!

DVDFab and DVD Shrink are software that make the same thing, so if you use one there is no need to use the other.

So, if you use DVDFab there is no need to use Shrink too :slight_smile:

Okay, thanks for the quick reply. I will try going right from DVDFab to Img next time and hopefully it will be a lot simpler.

Thanks again

Only works if it is the paid for version of DVDFab and not the free version, it will not shrink.