DVD Shrink 3.2 crashes during initial preview scan

vbimport

Hello Everyone:

I would appreciate some help with my problem. DVD Shrink crashes after initial preview scan of a movie. The computer becomes completely frozen and had to be rebooted. Have tried previous versions of DVD Shrink, and scanned for spyware, does not seem to solved the problem. The system is functioning normally otherwise. After rebooting, I can start DVD Shrink again to begin deep analysis and/or encoding without problem. But next time I scan another movie, it will crash again after preview scan.
I have an older Win 2K system:AMD Duron 1.1G, MSI K7T MoBo with VIA KT133 chipset, 512MB RAM, NEC ND-2500A burner.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Try viewing the contents of the disc in Windows Explorer or My Computer.

Your problem may be related to overheating. If it is overheating then you’ll notice this when you do something that heavily stresses the CPU for a lengthy period. Seeing that your PC has been around a while, dust may be an issue – especially if your PC is situated in a carpeted area.
With older PCs, dust builds up on components if it’s not regularly cleaned out. The power supply fan sucks air through the PC and out through the back of the power supply. Once dust is inside the case it’s then sucked on to heatsink by the CPU fan. Dust is a great insulator that reduces the cooling efficiency of heatsinks. Perhaps
a good clean out and rebuild may do the trick for you.

Regards

TZ

Make sure you have the latest DirectX 9.0c installed.