Dvd shrink 3.1

vbimport

Great site !!!

I have done a lot of reading and downloaded dvd shrink 3.1 along with the detailed guide on how to use this program.

now i have a problem i am hoping somebody could help me out with???

After i reauthor the dvd (main movie only) to my harddrive it creates 2 folders.

1. AUDIO_TS
  2. VIDEO_TS

The audio folder is empty.This is normal im told.
The video folder contains IFO,BUP and VOB files.(where can i find what the meaning of these files are ?)

I am dragging the folders into my dvd burning software and burning them as a dvd-r data dvd on my dvd-rw burner.
I keep the folders in order as above 1. and 2. …

On my standalone dvd player all it says is “disc error” and wont play the disc.

When i place this disc in my dvd burner it recognises the disc straight away and proceeds to play it perfectly, chapters, sound and all.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!!!
I have already tried burning 3 dvd-r discs with no luck playing on my standalone dvd player.
And yes A grade quality 4X dvd-r tayo yudens burning at 2X

paul3571

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

DVD File Structure

The fact that the stand alone player doesn’t play it is more likely to be a problem with the player. Many do not support DVD-RW or DVD+RW media.

My Toshiba SD210E will play DVD-RW media fine but gives a disk error when it tries to read DVD+RW, however the manual says that it only supports DVD-Video and CD-RW media. That makes me lucky I guess.

DVD Files must be recorded in a precise manner to be played correctly by hardware players. Writing them to disc in UDF is not enough!

You can try CloneDVD to write them (use “Write Existing Data” Button)

you can make an .iso file with imgtool classic and the burn the .iso with your burning program. you can even load the .iso with daemon tools and check it.

Originally posted by yaputzis
you can make an .iso file with imgtool classic and the burn the .iso with your burning program. you can even load the .iso with daemon tools and check it.

I wonder how you can test, if an image works in a hardware stand-alone player with Daemon-Tools.

(sorry, couldn’t resist… :slight_smile: )

as Olli said tru to burn it with clone-cd or try the freeware Burnatonce.

You really need to try different software en burn the disk for real. EMulation won’t help

As a newbie to this forum i would like to say THANKYOU for all your replies and i will take note of everones input.

Im still trying to burn my 1st dvd-r that will work on my standalone dvd player,(no luck yet) but i will get there.

And advice for all you other newbies out there,
i found the SEARCH button on this site a tremendous help.

A great site and the replies are always there.

thank you

paul3571

:bow: :iagree: