Dvd shows read-only

vbimport

I have a Emprex DVD Dual 4X, model I believe is BTC IDE1004. I bought it for easy backing up files by drive letter. In the case of the Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 that came in the box it is called Drag to Disc. I am able to drag to disc without a problem. The DVD+RW used is the one that was supplied in the box, Ritek. If I never had to reboot things may be alright, but alas, we are talking windows. When a reboot is performed and another drag to disc is attempted a small window is popped that says disc is read only. Checking disc properties reveals the entire dvd is “used” when it has about 450K on it and the capacity shows to be 202.588+MB vs the 4.7GB it was before. I loaded Nero INFO just to get an “independant” query of the disc and it shows the disc to be 4.7gb still. The files on it apear to be readable. To recover I have had to erase the disc and then drag to disc works again. Tried the same with a cd-rw and the results are the same. The drive came with firmware 43. I updated it w/ 48 and then 49, the latest. No change. I also updated EasyCD and DVD Creator 6 to the latest revisions and no change. Any ideas out there that might help??

Thanks
rhds1

I have no experience burning DVDs, but I can’t imagine it’s much different from burning CDs. It sounds to me like you’re having a problem “dragging to disk” after a reboot is performed. This doesn’t surprise me.

I don’t know how (or if) a DVD session is closed after dragging to disk and rebooting, but this sounds like the case. You might want to look for some sort of option that allows you to uncheck “close session” when you are finished dragging files to the disk. Hope this helps. :slight_smile: