DVD Screen Capture

Hi,

I have PowerDVD 5 and want to capture some DVD frames using the inbuilt capture feature. However, the capture quality is not great. I wanted to use the images for a desktop wall paper and to generally muck about with in Photoshop but they are quite blocky.

My PC spec is:

AMD 2000+
Nvidia Ti4200
1024Mb RAM
Samsung DVD (quite old, not sure the model number)

Is there any way of improving the quality of the screen grabs?
Could it be my hardware at fault?
Is there any other software that is better for screen captures?
Is hardware or software acceleration best fo this?

Cheers,

HH.

P.s. Sorry about all the questions ;o)

You could try another program such as VirtualDubMod.
Shift + 1 to take a snapshot.
//Danne

I don’t think that PowerDVD is your problem. I get perfect pixel-for-pixel captures with it here. I use Photoshop Elements for processing the shots.

or, you can try DVDGo Pro, the software can capture frames from your DVD, it’s the screen shot from their site:

rdgrimes What Do You Mean By Process The Shots Because I Have Been Trying To Find A Way To Make The Capture Shots That I Take With PowerDVD And Put Them Together

[QUOTE=rdgrimes;570887]I don’t think that PowerDVD is your problem. I get perfect pixel-for-pixel captures with it here. I use Photoshop Elements for processing the shots.[/QUOTE]

rdgrimes What Do You Mean By Process The Shots Because I Have Been Trying To Find A Way To Make The Capture Shots That I Take With PowerDVD And Put Them Together