DVD Santa

vbimport

I recently got dvd santa for encoding my movies. It takes about 2 - 3+ hrs to encode the movie and then goes to burn it. when the window comes up to burn the movie it says that the drive is not connected. the drive i have is usb 2.0 cause of my vaio notebook. some times the program finds the dvd burner but it says please insert a blank dvd disk. There is already a blank disk in the drive but it wont burn it. I also have nero which came free with the dvd burner. I use nero to encode and burn my movies that are less then 2hrs. i have used nero to encode movies ive used nero to encode movies that are over 2hrs and put the disk on the dvd+r dl. i insert the dl disk and it says disk size is not enough for the movie.
you can also email me at jstephens8505@yahoo.com

Can you save the output from DVDSanta and burn with another program? Does Nero consistently see your single layer blank dvds in your usb drive? If so you could use it.

I prefer a burning program called ImgBurn for video burns, espcially for dual layer burns. ImgBurn is free to download and use. http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

If you are interested, you should look through the guides for using ImgBurn at their forums. http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=4

dvd santa it’s not very popular app, swap it with something else.

i’d reccomend switchin’ it p to convertxtodvd.
much more effecient and it wont’ screw up on you.
i used to use dvd santa and the same thing started happening,
so i switched to converxtodvd and i havent had any problems with it.

[QUOTE=jstephens8505;2084178]I recently got dvd santa for encoding [B]my movies.[/B] It takes about 2 - 3+ hrs to encode the movie and then goes to burn it. when the window comes up to burn the movie it says that the drive is not connected. the drive i have is usb 2.0 cause of my vaio notebook. some times the program finds the dvd burner but it says please insert a blank dvd disk. There is already a blank disk in the drive but it wont burn it. I also have nero which came free with the dvd burner. I use nero to encode and burn my movies that are less then 2hrs. i have used nero to encode movies ive used nero to encode movies that are over 2hrs and put the disk on the dvd+r dl. i insert the dl disk and it says disk size is not enough for the movie.
you can also email me at jstephens8505@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt it be easier to use the original discs/backups instead.
I think it would.