Dvd+rw

I purchased some Sony and Memorex DVD+RW for recording with my Centrios DVD Recorder from TV. Some of the DVDs load and never stop loading. I have to unplug the recorder to end everything and power back up to open the drive. Some of the DVDs will load but will not allow me to record. Does anyone know if I need to do anything to these DVDs for them to work? Thank you.

Well, normally you gotta format them, but the recorder should be able to do that for you.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2294961]Well, normally you gotta format them, but the recorder should be able to do that for you.[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

I had the same problem with a cheap chinese DVD recorder. It was very difficult to find DVD+RW media to work right every time. Some Maxell 4x were nightmare, TDK 4x troublesome and even Verbatim did not have a consisten behavior! Sometimes it could write a disc, but it could not read it!! Several times it was stack at the loading phase. After a lot of try-outs, I almost gave uo. Fortunately, after a while the drive could only read CDs and nothing else. Before throughing the whole unit away, I opened it and I tried to change the drive, with my old NEC DVDRW 3550. Guess what: the recorder now plays and writes any disc!!! Currently I use some Verbatims 4x and TDK 8x… No problem at all after about 6 months :slight_smile:

What I want to say is that maybe the drive is fading away :wink: