Dvd-rw

vbimport

Hi,

I have a Humax TIVO system and I want to buy DVD-RWs to record some shows. Two problems: I can only find DVD-Rs and I want to know what it means when it also says 1x or 2x or 8x. Which “x” would I need and do you know where I can buy DVD-RWs?

Thanks,

check out www.meritline.com or just google dvd-rws and you will find them they are available all over the place.

The #x means what speed the disc is tested to write at in terms of speed, so a 4x disc will burn faster than a 2x disc and so on, obviously tho your limited by how fast your dvd burner will write also be careful as burning at higher speeds can potentially give u a lwer quality burn.

Certain burners will write discs at faster than the speed recommended on the disc as well, but for that type of thing u will either have to experiment or read other threads depending on your specific dvd burner and the media you are using.

Hope this helps clarify things a little, im still a noob here too :slight_smile:

Yo-

If you ever look up Meritline on www.resellerratings.com and read the comments from their customers - you would never buy from them - I used to - but after all the bad press - have changed to Rima at www.rima.com - Newegg at www.newegg.com and SuperMediaStore at www.supermediastore.com

Just my $.02-

Mike

damn i havent heard anything bad about merit line, just ordered from there last week and they delivered before the weekend, no complaints whatsoever.

What were the problems they were having?

Yo-

Gave you the link - read it to get the full picture of their customer service and other problems-

Mike