DVD+RW recognized as DVD-ROM

Hi,
I have a problem with DVD+RW media in my NEC 3500. Suddenly I can’t erase or burn them, all burning apps say it’s not a rewritable media, and cannot be burned. I also have another internal Matshita DVD-burner, same story there. So it’s not the NEC burner. I tried to uncheck “ignore media type” in Alcohol 120, with no luck. Tried to uninstall Alcohol, same thing. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Don’t bitset DVD+RW media to DVD-ROM.

FULL format that disc with imgburn.

Thanks for the reply chef
DVD+RW was actually bitset to DVD-ROM, so I changed it back. Formatting the disc with Imgburn now, hope it does the trick.

Did a full erase with Imgburn, but it didn’t help. It’s still detected as a DVD-ROM. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Did you installed Alcohol or Daemon Tools or other CD/DVD emulation software? Try to uninstall them and see if it works. Some setting in these software will conflict with burning software, but I don’t remember where is it, so just uninstall them if you have them and see if it works.

[QUOTE=Skylon;1929908]Did you installed Alcohol or Daemon Tools or other CD/DVD emulation software? Try to uninstall them and see if it works. Some setting in these software will conflict with burning software, but I don’t remember where is it, so just uninstall them if you have them and see if it works.[/QUOTE]

Actually I have both Daemon tools Pro and Alcohol 120 installed. Those are the only CD/DVD emulation and burning software I have installed in addition to Nero. Tried uninstalling Alcohol, but no difference. Will try again with Daemon tools now and see if that helps.

Thanks

In my experience DVD+RW remain set to book type with which they are first burned regardless of book type setting selected for burning and regardless of erase or not. Getting new disks is only solution I find.

[QUOTE=bevills1;1930621]In my experience DVD+RW remain set to book type with which they are first burned regardless of book type setting selected for burning and regardless of erase or not. Getting new disks is only solution I find.[/QUOTE]

But the strange thing is, the discs are recognized correctly as DVD+RW in another system. I will try with another brand and see if the problem persists.

Look for an option in Daemon Tools - “Hide CDR media” or similar.

That may help, if you haven’t tried it already.

If the discs are recognised correctly on another system, them chances are it’s a software problem on your system, related to either Alcohol (even if it’s uninstalled), Daemon Tools, or both together.

[QUOTE=Arachne;1930631]Look for an option in Daemon Tools - “Hide CDR media” or similar.

That may help, if you haven’t tried it already.[/QUOTE]

Sweet Jesus, that did it! Now DVD+RW’s are recognized correctly! Arachne, I owe you a beer! :bow:

Maybe [B]Arachne[/B] likes wine more?!? :flower:

Hehe, beer or wine will do thanks :bigsmile:

Seriously, glad it’s fixed, Humbo - after reading in the first post that you’d adjusted the setting in Alcohol with no change, I didn’t think there was much hope and offered that solution as a last-ditch attempt. :slight_smile: