DVD RW problems with Roxio and Nero :(

vbimport

Hi guys,

Iv had a problem with my pc since i bought it 3 years ago!!

I have a dvd rw with my dell PC - its a NEC dvd+rw nd-1100A

however when i try making a dvd with the roxio software i was given it always says ‘the disc in the recorder is not the proper media for this project. please insert a blank disc’

this happens no matter which disc i put in ive tried sony jvc princo … alll new blank dvd’s

so then i installed nero express…however the problem with this is that it doesnt recognise my dvd recorder…so when i select data project it only recognises my recorder as an ‘image recorder cd-r/rw’

so my projects can only be 650mb/700mb

i hope im making sense plz ask if u dont understand anything!!

id really like ur help guys cos its been 3 years iv had this PC and i paid for a dvd rw yet have never been able to use it!!! only as a cd-r/rw

many thanx in advance hope u can help me!

As your other thread has been closed I’ve copied my response to this one.

Your burner is quite old now, I got my 1100a some 4 years ago I think.

What were the DVDs you got? It’ll only burn +R media & won’t even recognise -R media and it won’t recognise 16x media regardless of whether they’re +R or -R.

Where did your version of Nero come from? Older versions were tied to a particular burner & wouldn’t see a different one.

firstly soz about the cross posting…i genuninly wasnt sure as it was a problem with roxio and nero

secondly im not sure wat u mean about this +r and -r stuff…all my blank dvd discs are dvd-r…are u saying that my dvd-rw wont let me use these discs cos ive bought a bulk of -r ones!!!

im trying to burn some divx files jus some tv clips etc …

my version of nero was bought from india for v.v.cheap lol

but thats something i installed myself…wat i dont understand is why dell have made me extra for a dvd rw with roxio included but i cant burn anything…

wat a rip off honestly!!

thanx again :slight_smile:

The ND1100a will only burn DVD+R and DVD+RW disks and a limited range of these at that.
If you’ve got DVD-R or DVD-RW then these will not be recognised by this burner.

i see many thanx i will try with some dvd-r’s

as u say limited range can i just plz ask which brands u mean??

thanx.

I hope you really mean [B]DVD+R[/B] not DVD-R as you’ve written in this last post.

Your best bet is 8x +R media as there are still plenty of these around & I guess the 1100 will recognise many of these

yes sorry!!
i mean i will buy some dvd+r 's that are 8x !!

what if they are 16 x however?? will this make any difference mate?

Probability is that 16x media won’t be recognised by the 1100A. Your chance of success is much better with 8x.

Make sure you have the latest firmware from NEC from here .