DVD+RW or DVD-RW media for standalone DVD recorder (NEC ND-3550A)

[QUOTE=yyy;2235925]
Do you think that the NEC is “suffering” from putting it in the DVD recorder? Up to now it seems to work without any problem. Is there any chance to break it???
[/QUOTE]

I haven’t a clue, and can’t think of anything one way or the other.

I didn’t have a chance to get the Verbatims, but I tried with an Imation DVD+RW 8x!! MID: PHILIPS RW8 000 (00h). Although they are rated as 8x and the nec fw has only 6x,8x strategies, the result is more than satisfactory to me :clap: It was burned at HQ mode (1x).

I cannot figure out why this is. It looks like it is just luck to get some media to work under this strange situation of mine :wink:

Again, thank you both engine and CDan for your help :flower:

[QUOTE=engine;2235691]
DVD-RDL -> Can be MCC or [B]MKM[/B]
[/QUOTE]

I doubt this exists.

[QUOTE=yyy;2236254]I didn’t have a chance to get the Verbatims, but I tried with an Imation DVD+RW 8x!! MID: PHILIPS RW8 000 (00h). Although they are rated as 8x and the nec fw has only 6x,8x strategies, the result is more than satisfactory to me :clap: It was burned at HQ mode (1x).

I cannot figure out why this is. It looks like it is just luck to get some media to work under this strange situation of mine :wink:

Again, thank you both engine and CDan for your help :flower:[/QUOTE]

You need to format/burn these media at least 3 or 4 times and then scan…

[QUOTE=chef;2236302]You need to format/burn these media at least 3 or 4 times and then scan…[/QUOTE]

Actually this was the first burn/scan of the disc. Do you mean that after some more burns the situation will become worse? :confused:

Most times better because of the tech RW media is made from.

[QUOTE=chef;2236342]Most times better because of the tech RW media is made from.[/QUOTE]

That’s great news!! This is already a good result for me and hopefully it will be even better :smiley:
Maybe I should buy some more of these discs. I know that they are supposed not to be that good as Verbatim, but if they work at both the standalone and my PC, they are fine!! :bigsmile:
Thank you!

[quote=yyy;2236338]Do you mean that after some more burns the situation will become worse? :confused:[/quote] Usually the first burn on virgin RW media produces a disc that scans much better than after a number of re-writes.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2236376]Usually the first burn on virgin RW media produces a disc that scans much better than after a number of re-writes.[/QUOTE]

Indeed this was the first burn of this disc. It looks like I was :bigsmile: too soon!! I keep on recording these Imation discs and I’ll see how they go. Thank you for pointing this out, DrageMester.