DVD+/-RW NEC ND-3550A is taking an hour to burn!

vbimport

I just purchased a DVD+/-RW 16 x NEC ND-3550A and installed it in my Dell PC. I have it set as Drive E underneath by Dell 48x DVD-ROM/CD+/-RW, which is set as Drive D. All the drivers are correct and the drives are working properly.

Both of the drives’ jumper settings are “Cable Select.” The IDE interface settings all say “DMA if available.” I am running CloneDVD2 software and using Taiyo Yuden 8x Writable discs.

Despite all of this, it takes on average One hour and five minutes to burn a disc. Any disc. Whether I’m backing up a movie or a data file, it takes about an hour, which is a far cry from the advertised “7 to 15 minutes” to burn media.

What am I doing wrong here? My computer is a 2.53 GHz processor, 512 MB of RAM running Windows XP. I think it should be able to handle burning a few discs! What am I missing?

Yes but what does it say underneath that?

It should Ultra DMA mode 2. If it says PIO xxx then DMA is not enabled and will cause slow burning or failure. Then check this link

For you HDD it should be UDMA mode 5 or mode 6.

Of course the other things is that the burner & the HDD [B]MUST[/B] be on separate IDE Channels/Cables.