I found an 10 year old Verbatim DVD-RW×6 (MKM 01RW6X01) laying somewhere around.
- IsoBuster reports error 033100 on each accessed sector.
- IsoBuster shows, that a Session 01 among a 4.38GB track exists on the disc.
- Nero DiscSpeed still allows quality scanning. After pretty much exactly 2GB, the average error counts dropped from 20 to 1 PIF. PIE dropped from around 162 to below 30.
- Nero DiscSpeed indicated, that our TS-H653B burned the disc.
- Entering any sector count using IsoBuster does move the lens to the sector, but give 03/31/00, as already said, instead of readable information.
Now, I do not think, that important files were saved on that disc, but I am just curious:
What might have happened 10 years ago to cause 033100 MediumFormatCorrupted?
Certainly no degradation, because our other MKM01RWX601’s are still readable at a pretty good quality.
How exactly can that error be reproduced?