DVD+/-RW media opinion needed?

vbimport

Hey all, I’m new to DVD burning, but I’ve been lurking and reading for a couple of weeks on this great site. From the advice and guidance offered here, I burned my first DVD video using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink and only wasted 1 disk, due to a subtitles mistake. I can say, there aren’t that many sites out their with the maturity and knowledge this site offers, so thanks for your help!!!
My question is - Why aren’t more people using the DVD+/-RW media. It seems to me, in all the forums I searched, the ratio of people talking about +/- R media is about 100/1 over +/-RW media???
Furthermore, if I catch anyone attention with this question, could you offer any input as to what is some good media in this format… Mic1111

Ab/Ex uno disce omnes - From one person, learn all people

I record in a standalone recorder on +RW and then edit/transcode, etc. the recording on my computer and then burn to +R (for bitsetting to DVD-ROM).

I’ve only ever used two brands of +RW: Fuji (Richojpn) and Imation (Philips041) and both work very well for me. I’ve tried -RW from Fuji but with such mixed results that it just isn’t worth it for me to deal with the “Dash” media.

My two cents (US).

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

Thanks Trak101, I have a liteon 1693s and from what I’ve read they like the + media, so it’s the Fuji Richojpn +RW I’ll try. Always nice to have some RW media around, just to experiment with…

Da mihi sis cerevisiam dilutam - I’ll have a light beer

Price can also be a factor, as now +r/-r’s are now as cheep as cd-r’s.

I am using 6x Verbatim DVD-RW media. They work well in my LG 4163 and Pioneer 109, but not my Philips 1640 (new firmware may help).