DVD+RW format problem

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony DRU-510A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have used DVD+RW disks to store files using Veritas RecordNow DX software. Now I want to use the disks to write DVDs to using Pinnacle Studio but the disks are not recognized. They show up as DVD-ROM disks in My Computer. How can they be made usable as DVD+RW disks again?

Download Imgburn, http://www.imgburn.com/, and see if you can format/erase the disks. Tools/Drive/Erase/Full

Thanks Whappo for the suggestion. I’ve been able to erase and to reformat the disks, but not in DVD+RW format. I had a look at the Imgburn site, including the instructions manual, and it does not appear to be able to do the job. Since I’d have to use the paid version of the software to presumably find out that it can’t do the job I’ve decided to pass. It would also be cheaper to simply purchase replacement disks for the ones I’ve fouled up. I do however appreciate your reply and effort to help.

[QUOTE=Macaroni;2231949] Since I’d have to use the paid version of the software to presumably find out that it can’t do the job I’ve decided to pass. It would also be cheaper to simply purchase replacement disks for the ones I’ve fouled up. I do however appreciate your reply and effort to help.[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure what site you were on, but if you just click the link I provided it takes you to the official Imgburn site where you can see that it’s completely free. There is no paid version. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your persistence! I’ve no idea how I got off on the wrong track but have had no difficulty downloading the free software.
My apologies for not responding sooner but I was having difficulty figuring out how exactly to reformat the disks. The Tools option was initially greyed out and when I managed to activate it I must have used a wrong setting as the program hung after working for a while on the disk. I have now successfully reformatted two disks using the sequence Verify Disk/Tools/Drive/Erase Disk/Full with the Verify against image file box unchecked. Perhaps there’s a better way to do it? I’m very happy though that it works.:bigsmile:
Again, thanks for all the help you’ve been.
Cheers!