DVD-RW DW D22-A Suddenly Won't Burn

Hello, glad I found this forum.
Today, our (actually my boyfriend’s) DVD burner drive stopped working. He was trying to burn an ISO and we get this message from DVD Decrypter:

[b]ScsiStatus: 0x02
Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 53 00 00 00 00 00 14 12 50 00
Interpretation: Reserve Track - Sectors: 1,315,408

Sense Area: [a bunch of numbers here, let me know if they are important]
Interpretation: No More Track Reservations Allowed[/b]

This happens just as we start burning…actually only about 5 seconds into the buffer being filled.

I looked around and couldn’t find any updates for the drive’s firmware or for DVD Decrypter. My boyfriend said it failed using a different burning program as well, and failed burning other files that have been successfully burned before. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Katherine

What media (brand, mediacode) have you used and what is the source (size)?

Please post a full log.

We’re trying to use Memorex DVD-Rs. They’ve been pretty good before.
I hope this log helps:

SONY DVD RW DW-D22A BYS2 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD-R

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 1,315,408
Free Space: 2,693,955,584 bytes
Free Time: 292:20:58 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 1x, 2x, 4x

Pre-recorded Information:
Manufacturer ID: CMC MAG. AM3

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: 0@P-!-00
Book Type: DVD-R
Part Version: 5
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 0
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

I just bought some sony dvd-rs and they fail to burn as well. It seems the burner will burn cds fine but has issues with dvds. Theres also no firware upgrade available for the drive.

Update to the BYS3 firmware. Located here.
One problem, it will burn onto the 16x DVD-R (CMC.MAG.AM3) media, but when u attempt to make a copy from the copy just made (with DVD Decryptor for example) - it’ll state the drive is empty - will not regconize it.

Ridiculous!!!

Thanks, looking through the threads I see you had the same problem, darkforce97. Anyway, I looked around and didn’t see where to download bys3 firmware. Do you havfe a link? And there aren’t any firmware updates listed for this drive at all…bys3 should work fine though, right?

I would try with other media, the media you are using is known as problematic even with some very good drives. There are also very bad quality batches with this mediacode on the market.

Visit www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia/

Search the BYS3 on http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

I agree chef - funny though, i did a couple backups of original PS2 games i own, and when i wanted to make a copy from a copy, it wouldnt allow it.

Stupid - It’ll burn on an actual blank CMC.MAG.AM3 DVD-R, and even verify it - but it wont backup the burnt DVD itself. Gotta love the technology!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

PS The backups even work on my PS2!!!

Haha

PPS My friend had the same problem, and he owns a Pioneer burner!!

Well, we finally found the bys3 update, and its working again. Although it seems a little slower burning now, but at least it works. Thanks for the help. :smiley: :iagree: :smiley: :bow: :flower: :cool: :clap: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: