Dvd-rw drive, unable to burn onto mawell dvd-r

Hi,
My dvd drive for my packard bell computer does not allow me to burn a home movie onto a dvd. (Mawell DVD + R 1-16x SPEED WRITE-ONCE) It definately recognises it, because I can play CD’s on my computer through Media-Player, but using my AVS Software (DVD Authoring) I cannot burn onto the disk, it tells me that the disk is full, even though it registers as having plenty of space when i check with the software.
Another peculiar problem is when i look in the properties in my computer, it says their is 0 free space and refers to it as a cd drive when on the front of my base unit it says dvd rw high speed on the front?
I looked on the web and thought i might need to buy a dvd decoder, but i thought that was for watching dvds, not burning onto blank ones, also, as it seems not to realise that it is a dvd drive also, mabye i need to download a new driver, but which one?
Thanks very much,
Jatwas

[QUOTE=Jatwas;2406885]Hi,
My dvd drive for my packard bell computer does not allow me to burn a home movie onto a dvd. (Mawell DVD + R 1-16x SPEED WRITE-ONCE) It definately recognises it, because I can play CD’s on my computer through Media-Player, but using my AVS Software (DVD Authoring) I cannot burn onto the disk, it tells me that the disk is full, even though it registers as having plenty of space when i check with the software.
Another peculiar problem is when i look in the properties in my computer, it says their is 0 free space and refers to it as a cd drive when on the front of my base unit it says dvd rw high speed on the front?
I looked on the web and thought i might need to buy a dvd decoder, but i thought that was for watching dvds, not burning onto blank ones, also, as it seems not to realise that it is a dvd drive also, mabye i need to download a new driver, but which one?
Thanks very much,
Jatwas[/QUOTE]

Well first off what is your dvd drive model?? That would at least give us what type of media it can use. Could be your drive only works for +R media not -R media. Or could be you need to update your firmware to use the -R media. So you will need to check the manufacture site and see what they tell you about the drive itself.

Post a logfile, “mawell” media doesnt exist.

Thanks, my Drive model is:
DVD RW AW-G170A
The DVD I am using is +R format
Maxwell 1-16x speed