DVD-RW disc not working in computer

vbimport

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong thread - if it is, please let me know where I should post this (I’m a newbie)

I backed up some photos on a Philips brand DVD-RW disc. My DVD drive is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-218L. When I created the disc, it asked me what I wanted to use it as (USB vs CD/DVD). I chose USB as I wanted to continue adding photos to it. The disc played well for a while in the same DVD drive, as in a could view my photos, but now it has stopped working completely. The disc doesn’t even spin, and the DVD drive isn’t detected. When I go to play a blank DVD-RW disc of the same make, it works (as in the pop-up window asks ‘what do you want to use this disc for?’)

However the disc DOES work on my Sony blu-ray player, as in I can view all of my photos. So why would the disc work on my blu-ray player, but not my computer? I don’t understand why it’s suddenly not working on my computer. The drive seems to be working correctly as it plays every other CD/DVD/blank disc I own. I am worried I won’t be able to get my photos back.

Alternatively, is there another way I can get those photos from the disc?

Thank you.

I don’t know if IsoBuster would work since the drive no longer spins with this disc.
It has a free trial or used to as I haven’t checked for a while.

The blank DVD -RW s you are trying are the same brand & batch as the one you can no longer play ?

If you have access to another computer with a drive you could test this DVD in it.

Multisession is crap. Just leave it.