DVD-RW: Burned Audio CDs Not Playing

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On LH-20A1L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have a very frustrating problem: when I burn audio CDs using my computer’s DVD-RW drive, other CD players don’t recognize the CD. What’s odd is that other computers do, and play the CD without a problem.

I’ve tried using CD-Rs from different manufacturers, as well as using three different programs to burn the CDs. Neither of those changes seemed to help. I’ve used Windows Media Player (v 11), Winamp, and Nero Essentials for the burning. Neither Winamp nor Nero seem to allow to change the write speed, but I used fastest and slowest in Media Player, but with no better results. My OS is Windows XP.

The DVD-RW drive is a LITE-ON DVDRW-LH20A1L. I do have Lightscribe on the drive; does that mean I have to use Lightscribe-friendly CD-Rs in order for them to work?

I’ve been burning my own audio CDs for many years now, and never run into this problem before. Can anyone help?

Looks like the usual LiteOn 20x burners CD-R (jitter) problem.

The whole LiteOn 20x series are the worst CD-R burners on earth. They manage to produce >15% jitter even on TY CD-Rs.

The easiest solution is to get another burner for CD-Rs (Pioneer or Optiarc for example).

Yeesh, not the solution I was looking for but I think you’re right, given the variations I’ve been trying to fix the problem.

Crap.