DVD+RW are now seen as DVD rom

vbimport

Hello,
I’m not sure this is this should be here or in software. I erased 6 disks, 1 after the other, all with small projects (TV Shows) on them, all disks were Verbatim DVD+RW, after erasing, when attempting to re-record on them, Nero says; cannot be written on this type disk, insert correct disk or modify the settings. Nero as well as VSO inspector see the +RW as a DVD-ROM. Can these +RW disks be reformatted back to + RW? What did I do wrong? This has not happened before.

Somehow I messed these disks up when erasing. Any suggestions on what happened and restoring them would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, …

I reinstalled my Nero 7 and all is working as before. I was ready to blame my Plextor 755 after my previous problems with a 760 drive. Thanks

I had a very similar problem, turned out to be my installation of Alcohol 120. Once I uninstalled it everything worked fine. I’ve never had that problem before, just something funky between the two programs this time.

I’ve just had the same problem - Turns out uninstalling alcohol 120 did the trick too, so thanks for that. :clap:

Any ideas if there is a fix, as I would like to keep alcohol 120, but it seems to stop ALL other programms viewing a +rw as such - instead it is seen as a rom (NB I do book type my discs to rom)

Hi fatheralice :slight_smile:

If you want to keep Alcohol installed, try this: Go to Alcohol settings, then under Emulation, make sure “Ignore Media Type” is not checked. :slight_smile:

Can you let us know exactly what versions of alcohol120 and Nero you’re using to see if we can reproduce the problem?

If you want to keep Alcohol installed, try this: Go to Alcohol settings, then under Emulation, make sure “Ignore Media Type” is not checked.

Thankyou Arachne I have had this problem with Nero for quite some time and have been searching for ages, for a solution. I am using the very latest version of Nero 7 (7.8.5.0) and Alcohol 120% Version 1.9.5 Build(4212) Cheers :slight_smile:

Works well now. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bigsmile:

Great to hear :smiley: (and welcome to the forum!) :slight_smile: