DVD-Rs work in PC, not in players Ive tested

I guess I’ll start by saying that I, legitimately own a copy a movie set (yes a complete 8 dvd set) that no longer works due to unfortunate circumstances that involve my 3 year old niece and a brick fireplace frame…

I was able to obtain the set in ISO form through a friend. (Nero said it was compiled using DVD-Shrink) When i burn to a DVD-R, the burn process is great and works on any computer, its just it wont work on the players I have in my living room.

Ive tried using NERO, DvD shrink, DvD Decrypter, IMG BURN, DVD FLICK.
All burning the DVDs with the exact same result. Ive also tried burning straight with the ISO, and ive extracted the ISO and burnt using the video_ts and audio_ts files and they all end up the exact same way.

Ive tried using two different burners ( an LG and a PIONEER), and Ive also tried using a comletely different operating system to burn (because im using windows Vista 64) and all the symptoms are exactly the same.

The dvd players are using are an Emerson that actaully supports DVD-R and DVD-RW recording and the other system is just a player and i dont recall the brand on it.

I’ve ran into this exact problem about 4 months ago when i tried to replace my Atlantis DVD that also undertook unfortunate devastating events and it wont work in any players, but computers are just fine. I thought it was my burner so i bought this LG burner and a stack of 50 Verbatim DVD-Rs but i just cant get these discs working in players, all i get is “This Disk may not be compadable or is not readable” or sum thin of the sort… I need some help. Ive ended up with 7 copies of the same Disk that only work on computers.

Id rather not have to go out and replace this movie set for 120$ when i can just use backups…

[QUOTE=Jaggar;2279366]I guess I’ll start by saying that I, legitimately own a copy a movie set (yes a complete 8 dvd set) that no longer works due to unfortunate circumstances that involve my 3 year old niece and a brick fireplace frame…[/quote] Aww. That sucks

I was able to obtain the set in ISO form through a friend.

Gotta love these friends that offer illegal stuff. No, it’s not legal because you purchased it once before.

its just it wont work on the players I have in my living room.
Do the players play other freshly made DVD- video’s of another movie? Or has every dvd- issues with your players.

I’ve ran into this exact problem about 4 months ago when i tried to replace my Atlantis DVD that also undertook unfortunate devastating events
Your 3 year old niece again? Tell her parents to start raising her! :slight_smile:

Id rather not have to go out and replace this movie set for 120$ when i can just use backups…
Saves you $120 eh? Who can beat that logic?

I have not created a DVD that worked on my players at all. then again ive only tried about 10 times…

Failed on:
Emerson DVD-R Reader/Writer
30 dollar walmart cheapo
and a build in DVD player on a Samsun plasma T.V.

… Also some new information… i just put in a blank verbatim and the "DVD-R DVD-RW player and it still said disc information may not be readable or sumthing like that…

NEW INFO.

I just slapped all these DVD-Rs in my portable DVD player made from APEX and EVERY SINGLE disc vie burned forks flawlessly. does that mean all players ive tried these on suck balls?

[QUOTE=Jaggar;2279414]I have not created a DVD that worked on my players at all. then again ive only tried about 10 times…

Failed on:
Emerson DVD-R Reader/Writer
30 dollar walmart cheapo
and a build in DVD player on a Samsun plasma T.V.[/quote]
Either your writing strategy utterly fails or your dvd players are indeed incompatible with the - format, despite the claims of their manuals.

Try dvd- discs from a different source (like borrow - one from a friend who made this - on his/her/its computer him/her/itself) and check if that - will read in your players. If not, it’s a safe bet to claim your players cannot read - ever.

Give one of your - discs to a friend and make a nice dvd - video on his/her/its computer. Now take that disc and pop it in your player. If it works, you are doing something wrong on your own computer.

… Also some new information… i just put in a blank verbatim and the "DVD-R DVD-RW player and it still said disc information may not be readable or sumthing like that…
Duh… there’s nothing on it. It’s the general “cannot read this” screen every player has.

the player also has a write feature… you would think once you put in a blank disc it would at least give you options for recording.

I had the same problem. My APEX and XBOX played my DVD’s fine but if i loaned one out to a friend they said no dice. I cant help w the write issue but i do know some DVD players will not play certian brands of blanks. My Apex will play anything but my XBOX dont like Sony or HP blanks Memorx works great on both.

Could be a PAL vs. NTSC issue.

Use Verbatim DVD-R and NEVER burn faster than 8x!