Dvd rom tsst corp h353b ata

vbimport

hi
I bought this tsst corp h353b ata rom drive the other week and changed my system to windows 7 and now it wont play any disks so i was told to try a firmware update.
Found the driver ok on the web site and tryed to install it but a message came back and it wasnt going to load so I looked at the present version on the rom and its LE 07 . I looked on the net and its firmware for LG.

Would be greatfull if some can help me with this :confused:

thank you

Hi and Welcome!

Firmwares for Samsung/TSST drives are available on samsungodd.com
For detailled links see the FAQ mentioned in my signature. Especially OEM firmwares can often be found on the korean site only.

Michael

thanks for you help but unfortnatly this didnt work ither.

I ran tsst win inquiry this is what it said
DRIVE tsst corp DVD-ROM TS-H353B
VERSION LE 07
OEM CODE LE

Then i went to the korean link on your post and followed your instructions and it said the firmware with this drive is not compatible.

good try

any more or do I through it out the window

thank you kindly

Hi,[QUOTE=xc600;2478369]thanks for you help but unfortnatly this didnt work ither.

I ran tsst win inquiry this is what it said
DRIVE tsst corp DVD-ROM TS-H353B
VERSION LE 07
OEM CODE LE[/quote]Your drive is an OEM drive intended for Lenovo computers. Check Lenovo support website if there is a newer version.

Then i went to the korean link on your post and followed your instructions and it said the firmware with this drive is not compatible.
That’s normal. The flash tool checks if all parameters fit, so you can’t flash a drive with OEM code “LE” to a firmware that has OEM code “SC” for example.
This protection can be overridden (see the FAQ for details), but there is always the risk to kill the drive.

any more or do I through it out the window
What about spanking the vendor instead? :bigsmile:

and now it wont play any disks
Could you please describe the issue as detailled as possible?

so i was told to try a firmware update.
Who told you? The clueless vendor? :bigsmile:

Michael

thanks for this Illl give it a go

and the answer to your qestions is yes and yes

have a nice xmas mate and thank you ill give it a go later on and let you know how i get on.

i had a a look at there site but theres no new firmware there.

my issue is ive upgraded to window 7 64 bit and i cant get this drive to read any disks. ive tryed a few fixes but no work . the drive works ok windows xp.

what would happen if i could flash it with tsst corp flash is there a good chance it could work ?

[QUOTE=xc600;2479416]my issue is ive upgraded to window 7 64 bit and i cant get this drive to read any disks.[/quote]No discs at all?
No audio CD? No data CD? Neither factory pressed nor burned?
Same with DVD media? You’re not even able to browse the disc using Explorer or any other file manager?
Are there any errors in device manager?
Does the drive show up properly?

I guess, this problem might be related to the Sata controller, its configuration and the drivers for that.

the drive works ok windows xp.
So the hardware is okay.

what would happen if i could flash it with tsst corp flash is there a good chance it could work ?
No idea. Nobody knows if another OEM firmware will solve that issue.
You are aware that you need to override the hardware check of the flasher? Please read the FAQ (see my signature) for details.

Btw, Dell has a firmware DW10, release date 9/28/2009 “Initial Windows 7-ready firmware release” available. Just use the search box on http://support.dell.com and search for TS-H353B.

Any crossflash might void the warranty, and there is always some rick to kill the drive.

Michael

it wont read any kind of disk
device manger says every things ok and drivers are up to date
ok will look at dell

[QUOTE=xc600;2479453]it wont read any kind of disk
device manger says every things ok and drivers are up to date [/quote]Okay. Have you already tried to uninstall the drive from device manager and reboot?

ok will look at dell
Let’s hope this will work. I personally am not sure…

Michael

yep tryed that

The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block
this is what the event viewer said if this helps

Indication of a read error. Such can happen with a bad disc.

Michael

we ive given up the only thing to do is buy a new drive Ive even done a fresh install of windows 7 and it didnt responed to it

thanks for you help mate hope you a have a good new year

Crossflashing to Dell OEM firmware didn’t help either?

Another idea: Have you installed latest drivers for your Sata controllers (or motherboard chipset)?

hope you a have a good new year
Have a good new year either :slight_smile:

Michael

yep tryed all that mate

:confused: This is really strange :confused:
I assumed you alread tried Windows Update - sometimes there are patches for such problems distributed that way.
On your fresh Windows 7 installation - is this plain vanilla, or did you install any additional software like CD/DVD burning applications, virtual drive software, games, something like that?

Michael

i did a full reinstall yesterday and it still didnt work . just a new install no other software and it it was still the same.
ive not even put in my burning software in yet.

xc

That’s really odd.
The only thing I can think of would be to see if there are newer drivers for your motherboard chipset.
You may also check if there is a motherboard Bios update available.

Michael

up dated all my bios as well.

xc