DVD-rom problems (Pioneer DVR-106 / DVR-A06)

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-106 / DVR-A06. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]hello guys, im a new member here. hope you can help me with my problem.

I have a Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-106 in my PC… it used to work fine before but i dont used very often.

First of all, it says PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-106 in my device manager (XP). im not sure if its the same as the one with -DVR-A06 ROM.

Now my first problem is that sometimes without even inserting any CD or
DVD, the busy LED is on and I noticed this because of my PC suddenly slows down (sort of the mouse cursor being slow/lagging) and when it is like this, the busy LED will only off if i shut down the PC

my second problem is that this same PIONEER DVD-ROM sometimes doesnt read any DVDs/CDs… sometimes it reads a DVD/CD but suddenly it doesnt read it… for example, i am watching a movie which is in a movie, then about in the middle of the movie, it suddenly stops cause the DVD/CD is not read by the DVD-ROM… i also experienced this when i was installing a software using a DVD… it stops in the middle of the installation process because the DVD is not read anymore…

Sorry for posting this long. I was only posting this long to explain my problem clearly. Please help. Any help would be much much appreciated. Thank You