DVD ROM install issues

Hi

I have a very similar problem to Simon and his Quake 4 issue the other month.

I have just purchased Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 and my dvd drive is not reading the disk at all. It makes noises but does not read the disk. (Have installed many other apps from DVD ROM, but this brand new disk will not read.)

I have the following drive - ATAPI DVD DH18A1P dvd player

My system Intel Core2Duo E6640 Dual Core CPU, 2x 1GB KINGSTON PC5300 667Mhz DDR2 RAM, 400 GB HDD SATA2 HDD, 18x DVD +/- RW Optical Drive, PCI X 8800GTS 640MB Graphics

Someone has said it may be something to do with copy protection

It is an original dvd disk

Any help please
Thanks
Lee

If you just bought it, I’d take it back and get another copy, since it might just be a defective disk. If the second disk does the same thing, you should try it in a different machine to see if your drive is the problem.

oki so update, have tried a new disk. and still does not work.

Also tried the disk in another machine and it works, so leads me to believe it could be mine. but it’s brand new so I’m a little flumoxed. Also I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and still nothing.

I am having the exact same problem with installing Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2007 on my HP desk top. Did you ever resolve this issue with your computer? please let me know if there is a solution, this is driving me crazy!

[QUOTE=lesleybeard;2288163]I am having the exact same problem with installing Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2007 on my HP desk top. Did you ever resolve this issue with your computer? please let me know if there is a solution, this is driving me crazy![/QUOTE]

Answer were already given in post #2!