DVD-ROM Booktype Option

vbimport

Hi All,

I have been using Fab Platinum for wrinting to dvd+r media. I always have the dvd-rom booktype setting checked. After a burn last night using the default VSO burning engine I did a disc scan using Nero. It said the booktype was dvd+r. When I use Fab along with the image burn burning option Nero displays the booktype as DVD-ROM. Both dvd’s playback flawlessly. Is Nero displaying it incorrectly or is Fab with VSO burning and rom option not working. :confused:

[QUOTE=rogman49;2031820]Hi All,

I have been using Fab Platinum for wrinting to dvd+r media. I always have the dvd-rom booktype setting checked. After a burn last night using the default VSO burning engine I did a disc scan using Nero. It said the booktype was dvd+r. When I use Fab along with the image burn burning option Nero displays the booktype as DVD-ROM. Both dvd’s playback flawlessly. Is Nero displaying it incorrectly or is Fab with VSO burning and rom option not working. :confused:[/QUOTE]

No Nero is correct in it’s reading, some drives do not supprt booktype …BUT will do booktype when using Nero burning rom or ImgBurn.
My Samsung is this way…I have also found that if I have booktype checked in DVDFab settings and I’m using ImgBurn as the burn engine with auto set booktype checked it will counter act each other and will reset back to DVD+R
hope this helped

Hi StormJumper,

Thanks for the answer. Fab with image burn is the only way that I can use dvd-rom booktype. I would think if image burn works then drive supports it. I have an oem Nero version that I tried. It says it book typed to dvd-rom but when I loook using Nero disc info it says it is dvd+r. Image burn is the only one that works for me. Strange:confused:

[QUOTE=rogman49;2032335]Hi StormJumper,

Thanks for the answer. Fab with image burn is the only way that I can use dvd-rom booktype. I would think if image burn works then drive supports it. I have an oem Nero version that I tried. It says it book typed to dvd-rom but when I loook using Nero disc info it says it is dvd+r. Image burn is the only one that works for me. Strange:confused:[/QUOTE]

Nero oem did not set booktype for me either, but Nero 7 and 8 does :confused: not sure why the oem didn’t.
ImgBurn works great as the burn engine in DVDFab, I really donthave to set booktype cause all my DVD Players are new and plays almost everything…but I still set it just in case I take some DVD’s to a friends house to watch.
anyway glad you are able to use ImgBurn