DVD-ROM $19.92 AR @ Best Buy 9/26-28

Universal BUSlink (Lite-On LTD-163D) 16x DVD-ROM Drive on sale for $59.92 with 2 $20 MIR = $19.92. Free Shipping at BestBuy.com. Same deal in stores.

is this the best reader to buy out there to read all protections?

a lot of people like the toshiba DVD readers

It’ll be installed into my Linux box. I hope it works with Linux!

The BusLink DR-16 DVD-ROM is on sale again, til 10/26 at Best Buy. It says “ABS” on the box, but not “SMART-X”. I wonder if this is a Lite-On ltd-163 or ltd-166? Is the ABS system exclusive to Lite-On? It’s only 20 bucks after rebates!

it is more than 20 bucks…the mail in rebate only includes (1) 20 dollar rebate from buslink inc. and not bestbuy itself.

Actually, that’s true for BestBuy.com, but at my local stores there are two $20 rebates on it!

Any idea if it’s the ltd-163 or ltd-166? I guess I could pick one up and then just take it back if it’s not. :smiley:

Originally posted by gary496
[B]Actually, that’s true for BestBuy.com, but at my local stores there are two $20 rebates on it!

Any idea if it’s the ltd-163 or ltd-166? I guess I could pick one up and then just take it back if it’s not. :smiley: [/B]

It’s the ltd-163.
I just bought one.
What’s the difference between them?:confused:

I think the ltd-166 has DVD-Multi, whatever that is.

After my first post, I bought one, and dropped it into my Linux box. The BIOS splash screen says something like LTN-163d, but I’m nearly certain of the 163 portion.