DVD Ripper Ultimate Advanced Settings Tab

vbimport

I have some questions about the advanced settings in DVD Ripper Ultimate. Firstly, does the selection dialog for "2-pass"actually work at all? I set "2-pass"to "True"and tried ripping a 5.5 minute clip from a DVD. It went through from 0 to 100% in about 5 minutes then went back to 0% and "Time remaining:00:00:02"and has stayed there for over one hour so far.
Secondly, what does "same quality"do? For the clip I also set "same quality"to “True” I really want to get the very best quality I can out of my avis, and hope that someone can clarify these issues for me. Thank you.

[quote=stuartnz;2186865]I have some questions about the advanced settings in DVD Ripper Ultimate. Firstly, does the selection dialog for "2-pass"actually work at all? I set "2-pass"to "True"and tried ripping a 5.5 minute clip from a DVD. It went through from 0 to 100% in about 5 minutes then went back to 0% and "Time remaining:00:00:02"and has stayed there for over one hour so far.
Secondly, what does "same quality"do? For the clip I also set “same quality"to “True” I really want to get the very best quality I can out of my avis, and hope that someone can clarify these issues for me. Thank you.[/quote]
I never really even heard of that program,if you are referring to the Imtoo Program I am sorry I am not familar with it, there are so many ripping programs with the name " Ultimate” I really dont know what one you are refering to. What .avi files are you trying to rip?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2186899]I never really even heard of that program,if you are referring to the Imtoo Program I am sorry I am not familar with it, there are so many ripping programs with the name " Ultimate" I really dont know what one you are refering to. What .avi files are you trying to rip?[/QUOTE]

The program is Xilisoft DVD Ripper Ultimate 5. The Xilisoft website has links to this forum for support, probably because the splash screen says

“©2007-2008 Xilisoft Corporation, IMToo Software Studio”

First,I want to say, ImTOO and Xilisoft are cooperation partner.So,if you have any questions about Xilisoft products,please feel free to let me know.my pleasure to help you.

1. Please notice that highlight the item which you want to convert by our program before modifying anything. For the ripping, please set “Duration” to the length of the movie to have a try. for example, if the movie is 1hour 23munutes 33seconds, you can set it to “01:23:33”
  2. it is used to make the quality of the output the same with the original. but i recommend you to keep it as default. if you want to improve the quality, you can modify “Video Bit Rate”. the higher the value is, the better the quality will be.

First,I want to say, ImTOO and Xilisoft are cooperation partner.So,if you have any questions about Xilisoft products,please feel free to let me know.my pleasure to help you.

1. Please notice that highlight the item which you want to convert by our program before modifying anything. For the ripping, please set “Duration” to the length of the movie to have a try. for example, if the movie is 1hour 23munutes 33seconds, you can set it to “01:23:33”
  2. it is used to make the quality of the output the same with the original. but i recommend you to keep it as default. if you want to improve the quality, you can modify “Video Bit Rate”. the higher the value is, the better the quality will be.