DVD rip?

How do you rip a dvd so that it can play on your hard drive just like you played it from the disk?

You can do this in two ways. You can rip as files and play with software designed for playing dvd-video from the hard drive, like PowerDVD or WinDVD or VLC.

Or you can rip as an ISO image file. Some media players, like VLC, can play them directly. Or you can mount the ISO in a virtual drive and play it in other media players. The mounted ISO will look like a disk in a drive to the media player.

Doing a straight rip with DVDFab HD Decrypter will give you the entire disk or just the main movie, whichever you choose. You can also use AnyDVD as the decrypter, rip the entire movie with its internal ripping section, or use it in conjunction with other programs like DVDDecrypter or DVDShrink.

So, did any of that answer your question?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2212839]You can do this in two ways. You can rip as files and play with software designed for playing dvd-video from the hard drive, like PowerDVD or WinDVD or VLC.

Or you can rip as an ISO image file. Some media players, like VLC, can play them directly. Or you can mount the ISO in a virtual drive and play it in other media players. The mounted ISO will look like a disk in a drive to the media player.

Doing a straight rip with DVDFab HD Decrypter will give you the entire disk or just the main movie, whichever you choose. You can also use AnyDVD as the decrypter, rip the entire movie with its internal ripping section, or use it in conjunction with other programs like DVDDecrypter or DVDShrink.

So, did any of that answer your question?[/QUOTE]I used dvd decrytper, and used the IFO mode, now the video files are silent and the sound files don’t have video attached to them. Is there any to keep them as separate files AND play them together?

Dvd Decrypter/ ISO Read. Oops, never mind.

You must have enabled stream processing and demuxed the files. My advice is to rip again in File Mode. Why did you want separate audio and video files?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2212851]You must have enabled stream processing and demuxed the files. My advice is to rip again in File Mode. Why did you want separate audio and video files?[/QUOTE]

Because sometimes I just want to listen rather than to watch. It’s a music concert dvd.