DVD returncodes

vbimport

Dear Readers,

I use for a while Adobe Premiere Elements 10.
I do often make AVCHD Disks.
Most times I have a menu with a choice out of more small movies.
When I jump to a movie, it plays and after that it returns to the menu an I can Choose another one.
The issue is, Premiere Elements should write a return code to the end of each movie.
( In the program itself I can place return codes myself)
But the result is, that a standalone Blue-rayplayer, which also can play AVCHD disks not sees the Return codes when burned the disk with PRE 10.
When I burn it to HD, and then burn the result to disk with another prgr, then the return codes is written to disk.
For some reason , I like to know how this returncode looks like in hexadecimal.
I can find them with ISObuster on the DVD.
So , who knows the return code ?

Frits Egelie

Welcome to MyCE, Egelie :flower:

If I understand correctly, when you burn a DVD with AVCHD folder directly from PE10 then your standalone player [U]does not[/U] return to menu after playing a clip.

However, if you burn the project to hard drive as an ISO from PE10 first, then write that ISO to the DVD using some other burning program, the player [U]does[/U] return to menu after a clip.

Is that a fair summary?

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2641342]Welcome to MyCE, Egelie :flower:

If I understand correctly, when you burn a DVD with AVCHD folder directly from PE10 then your standalone player [U]does not[/U] return to menu after playing a clip.

However, if you burn the project to hard drive as an ISO from PE10 first, then write that ISO to the DVD using some other burning program, the player [U]does[/U] return to menu after a clip.

Is that a fair summary?[/QUOTE]

That is correct! But one point is different.
When you write to HD, it isn’t a ISO, but a AVCHD disk! I mean it looks the same as it should be on the DVD.
The same maps etc…
When I use the Infra - Recorder, I can write this on DVD, then all works fine.
Do I use the burn process from the prgr PRE10, then it goes wrong, on the return points.
The burn process of PRE10 does not use the written process on HD.
So, you could write only one DVD or more copies but this should be Instantly.
That is the reason, I do PRE10 write it to HD. I can make lots of copies afterwards, say days later.
The difference is that PRE 10 renders the footage and that costs lots of waiting time.

Frits

Ah I see Frits; no ISO build and just write AVCHD folders to the HDD.

Under what circumstances can you can see the ‘return-to-menu’ codes on the DVD?

[ul]
[li]After the folders have been written to HDD first, then to DVD
[/li][li]from PE10 direct to DVD?
[/li][/ul]
What I mean is, when you write to DVD directly from PE10, is the standalone player just not recognising codes that are actually there?

imkidd57,
i can’t see the return codes. When you play from menu a movie it should go back to main menu when reached the end.
But in reallity it goes on with the next movie.
But do you know the hexadecimal values of the returncodes or not ?
I can talking and talking, but i like to know them.
You asked me much, but can you give me the codes ?

Frits

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2641356]Ah I see Frits; no ISO build and just write AVCHD folders to the HDD.

Under what circumstances can you can see the ‘return-to-menu’ codes on the DVD?

[ul]
[li]After the folders have been written to HDD first, then to DVD[/li][li]from PE10 direct to DVD?[/li][/ul]What I mean is, when you write to DVD directly from PE10, is the standalone player just not recognising codes that are actually there?[/QUOTE]

The first point. The PRE10 writes indeed its returncodes to HD.
the second point from PE10 directly to DVD : NOT.

[QUOTE=Egelie;2641359]… But do you know the hexadecimal values of the returncodes or not ?
I can talking and talking, but i like to know them.
You asked me much, but can you give me the codes ?[/QUOTE]
In order to help I’m afraid it is sometimes necessary to find out what the problem is. I’m sure you know… but it wasn’t immediately clear to me from your first post.

You said you could see the ‘return to menu’ code on the DVD using ISObuster; was that not a hex value?

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2641362]In order to help I’m afraid it is sometimes necessary to find out what the problem is. I’m sure you know… but it wasn’t immediately clear to me from your first post.

You said you could see the ‘return to menu’ code on the DVD using ISObuster; was that not a hex value?[/QUOTE]

When editting the footage, i place menu codes and return codes.
Those codes green point ; redpoint i can see in the editting proces.
Further i can’t see them.
You must know how UDF 3.50 works and wich codes are used, i think.

Frits