DVD regioning help :)

vbimport

Hello!

I hope this is in the right section and an easy question for the experienced people out there to answer :slight_smile:

I have a Dell Inspiron 8500 with a DVD/CD-RW drivev.

The DVD came with 5 region changes, there after the final change its permanent.

I currently have 2 changes left.

The question is this, I would like to play a DVD with region 4. My DVD player is currently set to region 1. The player will not allow me to play the region 4 DVD.

Because my DVD reader is still not “permanently” set a specific region, is there any method/way that will allow me to play my region 4 DVD without changing the DVD region?

I would imagine that since the region coding isn’t locked yet, playing dvd’s from other regions shouldn’t be too hard? :slight_smile:

My Drive is as follows:

HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N. It says the driver provided is by

• Roxio
  • File version 5.3.4.21

as well as running with Microsoft under the drive date 1/07/2001 version 5.1.2535.0.

The drive is running fine currently and I haven’t seen any need to update any drivers or anything :slight_smile:

Anything help to allow me to play the DVD region 4 disc in my drive without changing the region locked to the DVD drive would be much appreciated! :smiley:

Downlod AnyDVD! will do wat u need!!

is that an advertisement?

Or use DvdRegionFree or you can use
a rpc1 firmware, further infos and firmwares you’ll find here tdb.rpc1.org

Love Old Posts:

An oudtdated reply:

AnyDVD, it runs in the background, removes CSS codes from DVDS, and makes them region free.