DVD REGION FREE & CLONE DVD CSS Probs

Hi,

I switched from AnyDVD to DVD Region Free because of having problems with “dirty dvds etc.” :slight_smile:
My first copy “Ghosthip” was successfully done with the combination DVD Region Free and CloneDVD.
But now, I try to copy my Indiana Jones DVDs and I stuck at the very beginning: “CloneDVD cannot copy css protected discs…”

Now I am a little bit confused… :confused: where’s the problem and what can I do now? I didn’t change any settings, every prog ist registered (original) and it worked perfectly with Ghostship.

Any hints???

Here’s what I use: Toshiba SD-M1612 DVD, LG GSA4040B DVD Rec. - both RC 2 and not locked (4 changes left).

c u GK

Originally posted by Godkiller
[B]“CloneDVD cannot copy css protected discs…”

[/B]
Are you giving AnyDVD time to discover the disc? RC1 disc?

Originally posted by FutureProof
Are you giving AnyDVD time to discover the disc? RC1 disc?

AnyDVD changed color from red to grey and gave me the error “dirty disc” etc. and after that error it changed from grey to red and the tooltip shows “on: 1” etc.
AnyDVD’s always showing me an error, no matter what disc i’m putting in. And CloneDVD did always show me the “cannot copy css protected discs” message.

After testing about one hour with AnyDVD I deleted it and installed DVD Region Free. I inserted the Ghostshio DVD into my drive and started CloneDVD and - what a really surprise - I could start copying!

But now after that one and only copy - and without changing any settings - CloneDVD is showing me the message again, that it cannot copy css protected discs. The only thing I changed is the disc - from Ghostship to Indiana Jones (RC 2 Disc) and the DVD Region Free settings are correct (everthing set to RC 2 etc.).

So, depending on the settings and the success with Ghostship I sould be able to copy my Indiana Jones - but for some reasons I don’t know, I cannot :frowning:

Where can I start searching for the solution?

What version of AnyDVD did you use? I don’t have this problem with 2.0.0.4. Only with 2.1.0.9.

I wrote slysoft some days ago. They say they are working on a fix.

Originally posted by Schnauze
[B]What version of AnyDVD did you use? I don’t have this problem with 2.0.0.4. Only with 2.1.0.9.

I wrote slysoft some days ago. They say they are working on a fix. [/B]

First I used 2.0.0.4 and got problems with that dirty disc error. so I used DVD Region Free and it worked fine - but only one time and for one disc.

Hi Godkiller,

Please uninstall and reinstall the latest version of DVD Region-Free 3.21 at http://www.dvdidle.com/download/DVDRegionFree32.exe to see the result.

If the problem still exists, please contact with me at fengtao@dvdidle.com, and I’ll help you to fix the problem.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Originally posted by fengtao
[B]Hi Godkiller,

Please uninstall and reinstall the latest version of DVD Region-Free 3.21 at http://www.dvdidle.com/download/DVDRegionFree32.exe to see the result.

If the problem still exists, please contact with me at fengtao@dvdidle.com, and I’ll help you to fix the problem.

Best Regards,
Fengtao [/B]

Thanx a lot. I’ll check it out. :cool:

c u GK

Godkiller

you have pm

Just ask Slysoft about the updated version. They have fixed that.:slight_smile: There is a thread somewhere with a link to it. it works a lot better for me than fengtao’s stuff.

Hi Schnauze,

Could you please tell me what is “a lot better”? DVD Region-Free and AnyDVD both have same and simple function, and I can’t see there is a big difference.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

I tried both. AnyDVD just works better on my machine. I had one problem with my LionKing and they fixed it quickly.