DVD Region+CSS Free

vbimport

Does anyone know if there are any or going to ever have any updates for DVD Region+CSS Free?

Fengtao has promised to update all programs that he has written.

Mack

Is there a time frame I Love this program it’s great but I can’t do anything with it now and I also just purchsed dvdfabplatinum and that don’t work for me I’m wondering if I can get a refund and just wait for the updates to reappear? I also posted a problem that I’m having but no response yet. Thanks for your reply much apprieciated!!!

According to your post in the other thread the only problem with Platinum was that it would not copy Saw III, which Mack says could well be defective discs accoridng to the studio. Please be patient. :slight_smile: I know of no DVD copying software that is updated as often as DVDFab: 8 updates in October, 5 in November, 4 in December and 3 [I]so far [/I] in January! :clap: I can’t speak about Region+CSS Free as I don’t have it and have never used it.

I’am also asking what is going on.I have DVDIlde Pro and many other people are doing just that-being patient.

Our last update was on 10/26/06!!! :eek:

Willy, I do not disagree that you and your fellow users are overdue for an update (same for Region+CSS Free). I was referring only to Platinum which as you know has been updated frequently. Alan1476 said in a post some time back that the software you use would be updated and maintained (according to Fengtao).

I think it is because of so many changes in the protection and fengtao and Ting are trying to get it stable before adding it to other products. Region+CSS Free & DVDIlde Pro and all their versions use the same decrypting engine as DVDFab Platinum and Gold. So it is my guess that he wants it to be stable when he releases it to other products. I have DVDIdle Pro but have never used it as I bought it in a custom bundle. He also had a problem with CSS products being on dvdidle.com which may be part of the reason.

Mack

If I were a betting man and I am dvd regoin free and dvdidle pro will be dropped eventually fengtao is working so hard on platinum and gold that I really think if he does away with these products he will probably give a great upgrade price on all dvdfab and gold products If you bought any of the region free products.

Fengtao has stated before that the region free line will be updated though!!

I do not really believe that the regionfree products have been a great money maker for dvdfab so thats my therory JMO

According to hightimes Saw 3 can be done with this program.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1672479&postcount=7 post

thread

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=206896

I do not want to think that the real reason for abandoning “DVD Region+CSS Free” is that it was supposed to be free-updated for ever. After unavailability customers would need to buy the ‘newer’ product “Dvd Fab” until it is abandoned too for the next one.

That looks like conspiracy theory and it cannot be the reason. Can it?

Fengtao was always the trusted good folk, he wouldn’t do that to customers. Would he?

I don’t think so. Fengtao offered reduced price upgrades when version 3 came out. I think (just guessing) that the user base for R+CSS is so small and Gold/Platinum so large that he spends most of the available time where most of the users are. I would expect, if he decides to discontinue a product, that he would offer an upgrade program of some sort to the disenfranchised users, maybe like free to Gold, reduced price to Platinum or something similar. I have no idea what will finally happen, but Fengtao has said the software would be supported. I have never understood the need or attraction for on-the-fly decrypters. :confused:

I absolutely agree with signals. Fengtao is an honorable man. The support he provides is unparalled in this industry.

I would expect the same. But Fengtao’s silence does not help.

I do not know if the users base was that small, but at a time R+CSS was as well known as AnyDVD. I would not mind paying a reasonable price for the updates and would not mind either paying for upgrading to “Fab” but I asked DVDIdle a couple of times and silence was the answer. That only helps the ‘conspiracy theory’ above.

Who can guarantee that DVD Fab will not follow suit in the future?

http://www.dvdfab.net/order.htm

Purchase benefits:

* FREE lifetime upgrades

I understand that you cannot guarantee anything these days but communication and sincerity help.

In this particular case:

1. I use the software that I want in combination with the O-T-F Decrypter.

2. I paid for it.

I might be new to this forum but was I was part of the old DVDIdle forum and used to say the same above about Fengtao, which I still believe as true.

I agree 100%. In this case, silence in not golden.

I do not know if the users base was that small, but at a time R+CSS was as well known as AnyDVD. I would not mind paying a reasonable price for the updates and would not mind either paying for upgrading to “Fab” but I asked DVDIdle a couple of times and silence was the answer. That only helps the ‘conspiracy theory’ above.
My assumptions on the user base size are based solely on posts in the forum, which may not be indicative.

Who can guarantee that DVD Fab will not follow suit in the future?
No one, but I accepted that when I bought it. Nothing is forever, and at the prices he charges for these products, they’ve paid for themselves if you use two or three backups instead of buying replacement new discs.

Purchase benefits:

* FREE lifetime upgrades

See above.

I understand that you cannot guarantee anything these days but communication and sincerity help.
No argument there, but I do not doubt Fengtao’s sincerity. Communications with the far side of the world we take for granted now but it can be touch and go at times. He may not have received the emails.

Hopefully he will visit the site soon. I know from reading the forum he is covered up with email. I think once he gets the decryption right he will update all products since all contain the same decryption engine.

Mack

For me it’s not so much decryption - its the region code removal. Essential to be able to allow a laptop to play DVDs from the various regions you might travel through. Which is what the laptop should do anyway!

Good point and a use I had not thought of, esp. for long trips. When I travel I jam a bunch of MPEG-4 movies onto the HDD.

You may want to check out the firmware section to see if there is a version to flash your drive to make it region free.

Mack