DVD region code changes

vbimport

Ive had a problem recently, not being able to play some dvd movies on my computer and standalone dvd players. When i insert some dvds they play ok, but others dont play and the attached comes up "warning-failed to read dvd etc.,. Also i checked the dvd region code, “4” for Australia, and the code is changed to “1”. It appears this happens when a disc won`t play. When a disc plays ok the code changes back to “4”. Is this normal or is there something else to do??:smiley:

The latest version of AnyDVD is currently 6.6.6.0.
Could you try upgrading your AnyDVD and see if the problem still occurs?

Mr Belvedere—

The latest version of AnyDVD is currently 6.6.6.0.
Could you try upgrading your AnyDVD and see if the problem still occurs?
Thanks. I must correct what i said in my initial post. I have the region set to “4”. [B]When i insert any disc the region number changes to “1”. I take the disc out and the region number changes to “4” the correct region number for Australia.:sad:[/B]

My best guess is that this is a part of the process how AnyDVD works.

Mr Belvedere—

My best guess is that this is a part of the process how AnyDVD works.
Could be that. Maybe someone knows that for sure? Although im thinking, if the region code is selected for a certain country i.e."4" for Australia, it would stay at that selection and not change when a disc is inserted wouldnt it.?? [B]I checked this on another computer, put the disc in, started it, ejected it and the region code didnt change.:rolleyes:[/B] Also, could this be the reason for some "discs dont play" or replace the burner? :rolleyes:

My advice is to contact AnyDVD support, since you got a registered version.