DVD Region 2 convert to Region 1

vbimport

I have a DVD marked region 2 and it plays on my DVD Player. When you insert it in the CD ROM drive of the PC the message comes up : Change your system from Region 1 to region 2. Is it possible that I can convert the Region 2 DVD to region 1? OR can one convert the PC to region 2?. I live in a Region 2 area (South Africa)

Since you live in a country within Region 2, you’d probably be best off changing the dvd drive to region 2 setting.

Go to Device Manager, find the listing for your optical drive and right click on it, then click Properties. You should get a pop up screen that includes a DVD Region tab. Set your drive for Region 2 here (I believe your country, South Africa, should show up on the list).

Be aware that you can only change the region code five times, then it is locked in whatever region it was last set.

If you get a lot of dvds from [I]outside[/I] your region, it would be best to use other solutions to play them, rather than change the region code. AnyDVD can remove the region code restriction, as can DVDFab Passkey.

@ Kerry56 , On my Lite-On drive I have both the Flash utility & the EEProm utility.
It’s been a while but both let me save the original data.
I think its’s the EEProm one that does this . If I use it to put the original data back in the EEProm I get 5 times again.
@ Eastwood1
I know the discs I burn with CloneDVD2 after the original is ripped using AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 are region free.
DVDShrink will also remove the region on rips of older originals & newer ones when used with AnyDVD . & probably PassKey.
I haven’t used DVDFabs Passkey but I understand it does about the same as AnyDVD.
Also AFIK the free after trial version of DVDFab will also do this . You just have to wait if you are doing a new release .

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2576263]Since you live in a country within Region 2, you’d probably be best off changing the dvd drive to region 2 setting.

Go to Device Manager, find the listing for your optical drive and right click on it, then click Properties. You should get a pop up screen that includes a DVD Region tab. Set your drive for Region 2 here (I believe your country, South Africa, should show up on the list).

Be aware that you can only change the region code five times, then it is locked in whatever region it was last set.

If you get a lot of dvds from [I]outside[/I] your region, it would be best to use other solutions to play them, rather than change the region code. AnyDVD can remove the region code restriction, as can DVDFab Passkey.[/QUOTE]

Hi Kerry 56 Thanks a lot .Succeeded in changing the Region.As I live in region 2 it will stay there because all DVD’s are region 2. I noted the 4-5 chances I have to change! In the past I always though there is something wrong with the DVD’s!

[QUOTE=Eastwood1;2576251]I have a DVD marked region 2 and it plays on my DVD Player. When you insert it [B]in the CD ROM drive of the PC[/B] the message comes up : Change your system from Region 1 to region 2. Is it possible that I can convert the Region 2 DVD to region 1? OR can one convert the PC to region 2?. I live in a Region 2 area (South Africa)[/QUOTE]

That must be a DVD drive, don’t you think?!

Thanks. Changed my Region one to 2. Success!