DVD recording

vbimport

I was playing a VHS and copied it to an LG DVD recorder.

When done, the DVD was “burnt” (carved on its back side). But it would only play on the machine that recorded it, I tried it to some other DVD players and they wouldn’t read it.

Does anyone have an idea of what might the problem be? I don’t have a video stabilizer, do you think that that is the problem?

Have you tried finalising the disc on the machine that recorded it?

:slight_smile:

Thank you Arachne.

Actually I was searching for a respective order in the machine, but I couldn’t find something similar to it.

It has a rec button, and when it’s over I pressed “stop” and for a couple of seconds it showed the indication “wait-storing files” or something. I couldn’t get any finalization feature but now I will search more for it.

By the way “[B]ARACHNE[/B]” is a Greek name, do you know what it means? :wink:

Perhaps someone who also has an LG can point you in the right direction (I know CCRomeo, one of the mods of this particular section, has one or two LG machines) :slight_smile:

With my Philips, there’s an Edit menu/remote button that takes you to the disc functions (Erase, Disc Title/name, Finalise etc) - perhaps there’s a menu like that on your LG?

I’m sure we’ll get it sorted one way or another :flower:

Though I would have thought that the “storing files” thing would indeed have meant it was finalising the disc…

And yep, didn’t Arachne annoy Athena or something? My memory is a bit rusty, I did look it up at one time hehe. :slight_smile:

Arachne I got it, it did need manual finalization, thank you a ton.

[B]Arachne = Spider[/B] in Greek (that’s how you get ARACHNOPHOBIA, as PHOBOS = fear)

:wink:

[QUOTE=Etherodromos;2460090]Arachne I got it, it did need manual finalization, thank you a ton.

[B]Arachne = Spider[/B] in Greek (that’s how you get ARACHNOPHOBIA, as PHOBOS = fear)

;-)[/QUOTE]

Excellent! Nice job :clap:

You’re very welcome BTW :slight_smile:

Yep, the Spider thing was why I picked the name in the first place :iagree: (quite odd as I hate big spiders :eek: )…the other thing about Athena, was something else I learned after doing further searches on the name :slight_smile: