DVD recording problems with DMRES40V

Model not listed in product listing? I record TV programs regular onto my DVD-RAM disk and every now and then the recorded program will play back exhibiting what I cal “pixellation” and even previously recorded material will leak through. I run a dvd lens cleaner but it only returns quickly. Is this strictly a dust issue? The unit just passed the three-year warranty period I bought! Any direction here?

Unfortunately the '05 ES-40v and ES-20 contain many of the bugs found in the current EZ line of DVDRs.
I guess my first suggestion would be to remove the units cover and gently clean the spindle and lens. I’m not sure if you’re just talking about one disc but if so you may want to try another disc. It’s possible the disc itself is starting to fail.
Link to thread talking about cleaning the spindle.

[QUOTE=jjeff;2290696]I guess my first suggestion would be to remove the units cover and gently clean the spindle and lens. I’m not sure if you’re just talking about one disc but if so you may want to try another disc. It’s possible the disc itself is starting to fail.
Link to thread talking about cleaning the spindle.[/QUOTE]

The first post in the linked thread provides lens and rubber hub cleaning advice.

The following post in the same thread has additional advice for 2005 model year combo recorders and includes three photos showing a 2005 DMR-ES30V:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f106/fixing-your-panny-when-theres-fault-lens-cleaning-doesnt-help-210507/index3.html#post2181779

I’m going to try the lens/spindle cleaning to see if it helps.

[QUOTE=gilbert1;2294796]I’m going to try the lens/spindle cleaning to see if it helps.[/QUOTE]

Be sure that the roller slider at the rear of the disc tray is positioned to the far left before securing the DVD Drive lid.

Be sure to hold the VHS door open as the machine’s front panel is being fitted back to the case.