DVD recording app to span multiple disks?

Can someone please advise DVD recording application (straight UDF format, not proprietory backup) that can span data set across multiple DVD disks?

I need it to archive photographic files and regularly have to burn folder and subfolder structures containing anywhere from 30 to 200 GB with thousands of files and tired of having to manually create layout for each individual disk each time.

Each file in a set is merely 8 to 20 MB so individual files do not need to be split. It is just the folders that I want to be automatically split between consequtive disk layouts.

The only such application I am aware of is NTI CD&DVD Maker, but it scatters files across disks in random order, disregarding file sequence names. I.e. file #1000 can end on disk 1, but file #1001 on disk 5, so unfortunately it is not usable to maintain an archive.

Thanks for advise.

NB: Backup, WinRar and any other solutions with proprietory format are not acceptable for me. Likewise, reorganizing/splitting directories on hard disk does not fit my workflow.

I’m looking for the same program, but can’t find one!

I have many movies in DivX format and I want a program to span them to multiple DVD’s.

EDIT:
Just found some: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=469504&postcount=6
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=439356&postcount=17

oboquey, don’t know if this will work for your workflow, but chaeck out www.archivecreator.com

[QUOTE=oboguev;1170486]Can someone please advise DVD recording application (straight UDF format, not proprietory backup) that can span data set across multiple DVD disks?

I need it to archive photographic files and regularly have to burn folder and subfolder structures containing anywhere from 30 to 200 GB with thousands of files and tired of having to manually create layout for each individual disk each time.

Each file in a set is merely 8 to 20 MB so individual files do not need to be split. It is just the folders that I want to be automatically split between consequtive disk layouts.

The only such application I am aware of is NTI CD&DVD Maker, but it scatters files across disks in random order, disregarding file sequence names. I.e. file #1000 can end on disk 1, but file #1001 on disk 5, so unfortunately it is not usable to maintain an archive.

Thanks for advise.

NB: Backup, WinRar and any other solutions with proprietory format are not acceptable for me. Likewise, reorganizing/splitting directories on hard disk does not fit my workflow.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever figure out how to do this??

Thanks

Please be aware that the ad that is/was on this page, and I assume others, purporting to offer Nero burning software for free is a rip-off scam that has just done me out of $34. Up front they call themselves Nero-burning-9.net as if they are a Nero site, but once the transaction clears they are unmasked as software-HQ.net, a site that my security software instantly blocked. They seek a subscription to a software download service that in my case redirected me to a Cnet.com download page for a trialware version. Robbers! You can read about them here:
http://www.complaintsboard.com/byurl/software-hq.net.html

What if I’m burning data spanning multiple disks, and 1 fails? is there a program that has a way to start at disk 5 of 8, so I will not need to spend hours redoing the whole thing from the start.

I have NTI Media Maker 8, that came with my Acer 4535 notebook computer, and it doesn’t seem to have a way to do that.

[QUOTE=Reged;2275494]Please be aware that the ad that is/was on this page, and I assume others, purporting to offer Nero burning software for free is a rip-off scam that has just done me out of $34. Up front they call themselves Nero-burning-9.net as if they are a Nero site, but once the transaction clears they are unmasked as software-HQ.net, a site that my security software instantly blocked. They seek a subscription to a software download service that in my case redirected me to a Cnet.com download page for a trialware version. Robbers! You can read about them here:
http://www.complaintsboard.com/byurl/software-hq.net.html[/QUOTE]

In your case contact your bank or CC company and have them back charge for that company for fradulant charges. If you don’t report them into those financial institutions you won’t get your money back. They may only be online but they do have financial stakes that your bank and CC can go after. So if not to late contact your financial bank or CC and inform them of the scam and to get your money back.

[QUOTE=Paul2112;2466200]What if I’m burning data spanning multiple disks, and 1 fails? is there a program that has a way to start at disk 5 of 8, so I will not need to spend hours redoing the whole thing from the start.

I have NTI Media Maker 8, that came with my Acer 4535 notebook computer, and it doesn’t seem to have a way to do that.[/QUOTE]

Depends on how you mean fails?? Fail in burning or the file itself fails to burn?? If the spanning program is a quality made software it will catch it and inform you of the problem and give you options. But before even spanning you should make sure those files work and run properly before doing so. Otherwise your wasting your precious time and computer resource to do something that won’t in the end work.