Dvd recorders video to pc

Does the DVD recorders record to hard drive and then you burn it to dvd?
if so, does any of this recorders allows to take out the recorded videos to my PC?

Some DVD recorders have internal hard drives, some do not. DVD recorder hard drives and DVDs recorded on stand-alone DVD recorders use a different file format than that used by computers for captured video.

Computers may PLAY finalized DVDs recorded on DVD recorders. Computers with DVD burners may COPY finalized DVDs made on DVD recorders.

Some computer software allows for transfer and storage of DVD recordings to a computer’s hard drive but that file format does not allow viewing the recordings from the computer’s hard drive. Other computer software is necessary for file format conversion.

[B]then, the best solution right now is record, burn the dvd, and copy the dvd onto my computer[/B]

[QUOTE=DigaDo;2291717]
Some computer software allows for transfer and storage of DVD recordings to a computer’s hard drive [/QUOTE]

[B]Have you done this before? How?[/B]

[QUOTE=TRESTINO;2291797][B]then, the best solution right now is record, burn the dvd, and copy the dvd onto my computer[/B]

[B]Have you done this before? How?[/B][/QUOTE]

A computer may burn a copy of a finalized DVD directly to a blank DVD. I use Roxio for this purpose.

I may also use DVD Shrink, a free download from UK websites, to transfer a DVD to the computer hard drive for storage or later burning to DVD. [B]Those audio and video files can not be played from the computer hard drive[/B].

Some versions of Roxio have a file format conversion utility. I have not used those features.

Perhaps someone else may give advice about converting DVD video stored on a computer’s hard drive into a format that may be played from the hard drive.

[B]I was thinking, all I want is a device that allows me to record video with hdmi input, or at least composite video input and transfer the recording to the pc.

What do you suggest me? [/B]