DVD Recorders and Increased Copyright Protection

vbimport

In the past I have saved movies from tv on the DVR section of my cable and then recorded them from the cable box using my dvd recorder, which is legal. I need a new recorder immediately and hear that some brands now have increased copyright protection which prevents recording movies from tv. I don’t know if this applies to recording movies in the way I do it. If it does, which brands will still permit what I have been doing? I repeat that I am time shifting the movies for viewing at another time and it is legal under copyright law.

bakeb
The problem is hollywood executives are out of
control. They believe that any movie even shown on
pay T.V. H.B.O, MAX,SHOWTIME,PAY PER MOVIE. that
they own the copyright. So any copying to these wack-job
executives is piracy to them. They were trying last year
for the F.CC. to degrade the quality of certain movies
being shown even on pay channels that you,and I pay for.
So if they are adding this block to some dvd recorders,it’s
not a surprise to me.So what can we do? Not much it’s
up to the legal represenatives that defend our rights.
ZAP.:iagree:

Hi [B]bakeb[/B] and welcome to CD Freaks :slight_smile:

What is the make and model number of the DVD recorder that currently works?

[QUOTE=bakeb;2157831]In the past I have saved movies from tv on the DVR section of my cable and then recorded them from the cable box using my dvd recorder, which is legal. I need a new recorder immediately and hear that some brands now have increased copyright protection which prevents recording movies from tv. I don’t know if this applies to recording movies in the way I do it. If it does, which brands will still permit what I have been doing? I repeat that I am time shifting the movies for viewing at another time and it is legal under copyright law.[/QUOTE]

>>>>ANSWER<<<<