Dvd recorder

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DVD Recorder. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi.
I have a liteon dvd recorder, lvw-1101/1105 series. I also have Direct tv. I hooked it all up according to the manuel, but when ever i want to watch tv, i need to have the dvd player on. Please help. what did i do wrong. Thanks . Steve

[QUOTE=hockeey9;2452546][qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DVD Recorder. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi.
I have a liteon dvd recorder, lvw-1101/1105 series. I also have Direct tv. I hooked it all up according to the manuel, but when ever i want to watch tv, i need to have the dvd player on. Please help. what did i do wrong. Thanks . Steve[/QUOTE]

Hi hockeey9
Welcome to the forum :flower:

Don’t think you have done anything wrong on the hook up, when you have the DVD player/recorder connected it is setup that way so the signal passes through the recorder so you can record to it…thus it needs to be on to allow the signal to be received by your TV, however if you wish not to have the DVD recorder on unless it is used you can connect it and your TV to a device called a “A-B switch” :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]