DVD recorder to PC

vbimport

Hi all

Thanks for the site and I hope by the amount of people on it that I might be getting my answers that I am seeking.

I have a DVD (+Format) that was recorded on a DVD recorder. I can now play it in the PC after finalizing the disk but I want to edit the videos on there and I cant seem to do it. I have tried converting the files but they only convert about 9 minutes. I have tried Neri Vision, but nothing.

Is it at all possible for me to get these files onto my PC and then convert them so that I can edit my personal movies on it.

If it was recorded on a dvd recorder, it should be in dvd-video format. You can move the dvd files onto the hard drive to work with them. Since they aren’t encrypted, you can use any ripping program (like DVDDecrypter or DVDShrink) or simply right click on the drive with the dvd disk, hit Explore, then drag and drop the Video_TS folder to where you want it on the hard drive.

Editing dvd-video is the harder part. What all do you want to do with the files…cut out sections, make transitions, make menus? Simple cuts at the ends of the video are easy to do with DVDShrink in ReAuthor mode. More complex editing requires a more specialized tool, like VideoRedo TV Suite, or Womble Mpeg Video Wizard DVD, neither of which are free, but there are trials available for download.

VideoRedo and Womble are easy to find using Google. DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter can be found at www.mrbass.org

Thanks for the answer, I will give it a try with DVD Shrink. The files are VOB format but Nero Vision and Windows Movie Maker are not recognising them for editing.
:clap:
The other part is that there is a RM folder on that disk as well which is a bit confusing.

The RM folder complicates matters. Let me know if you have problems with any of these programs working with the video.

If you are going to edit on the computer, you need to record in “video mode”, not VR mode, which produces the RM folder. Or so I believe…this is not an area I know well at all.

Take a look at this thread at videohelp: http://forum.videohelp.com/topic351084.html Maybe you’ll get some clues from it.

Thanks Kerry
I dont think that I am going to achieve what I want. DVD Shrink has a problem with the VOB file when I want to re-author. I will see if Nero Recode does anything, but I doubt it.