DVD Recorder (Matsui 100) and Freeview (Pacific)

Hi…

We have a TV (Durabrand) with 1 scart, DVD Recorder (Matsui 100) and Freeview (Pacific). Not the best in the world, but when dollar is short, you have no choice.

No the problem I have is as follows…

We can watch freeview or a dvd, but we are unable to video freeview, if we press the TV/DTV button, we can switch between DVD and Freeview…

It is wired as follows… Freeview (TV Scart) -> TV Scart & DVD R -> Freeview <VCR Scart>

Now could we make a scart that has 2 scarts one end and 1 scart the other… there is CVBS and AV connections in a scart…

Any help would be welcomed :slight_smile:

Does your Matsui recorder have an EXT IN SCART (i.e. external source in)? If so, you should connect your Freeview box to this, then connect your Matsui to the TV via the recorder’s TV OUT SCART.

i.e. Freeview -> Matsui -> TV

To record Freeview, just select the EXT input as the source to record from, and change to the appropriate Freeview channel using its own remote. Whilst the recording is happening, you can watch the TV via its analogue tuner.

Thanks for reply. However I had it wired like this and found I could record bbc1 on dvd, but not be able to watch say SKY NEWS on freeview… as it goes thru the DVD recorder, and there isn’t any loop thru… if the recorder is on… If the record is off the freeview signel gets thru.

I was thinking of making a cable with 1 scart ->> 2 scart… 1 side using RGB and other using AV… would that be possible…