DVD recorder for Micromv format?

I bought a Sony DVD recorder to copy my Sony micromv tapes to DVD to discover that the recorder only accepts DV input via ilink, not micromv. I have learned that micromv is mpeg2 and Sony chat help said to copy to a computer and then to a DVD. I have done this and am looking for something less painful, like an ilink port to a DVD recorder.

My question is - are there any dvd recorders that can read/interpret and write a DVD directly from a micromv device?

Thanks all!
Marsha

My understanding of the format is, it wasn’t very popular because it was a Sony only format. Finding a dvd recorder will be difficult unless of course it was made by Sony. There is a tool that might help you here

Hi,
I’m affraid these cameras had no ilink ports and use USB2 to transfer the Mpeg2 files to the computer.

However, even if you had a firewire (i-link) connection, it would never be a direct transfer to DVD format (ok you can write to DVD but only if you consider a file transfer and the media as a data media).

If you want to get a DVD you can play in a home player you have to use a video editor that can produce DVDs or (normally without any editing) to use a dedicated software for DVD creation (when you look “inside” a DVD, you will see VOB files and not the Mpeg2 files they came from).

Thanks - I understand more now. This camera does have an ilink port, and the DVD recorder is Sony, which is why I jumped to the conclusion that I would be able to stream from the camera to the DVD. Obviously, I now know that I have to continue to create DVDs via my computer, at lest as long as I use this micromv camera.

I will say that I have really liked the camera - it is tiny (and was tiny long before any of them got small at all) and the quality is excellent. Too bad I have to get a new one to be compatible with the rest of the world.

Again - thank you!!
Marsha