Dvd recorder features

vbimport

I am about to give up trying to get my trusted VCR to record from our new Freesat Box / Sky Digibox or the integral DVB.

I am advised that the best way forward is to get a DVD Recorder which are at present an alien concept to me.

I am looking for a DVD / VCR Combi with hard drive and
HD output to suit my Panasonic HD TV. I would really like
a dvd recorder with Videoplus capability and preferably a
Panasonic so I get advantage of cross compatability Vierra
link etc.

Does such an animal exist on the market?

The available recorders and their capabilities depend entirely on where in the world you are located, since different standards are used in different countries. It also depends on how you get your tv signal, e.g. sattelite, cable, or terrestrial antenna.

Please provide us with that kind of information, and maybe someone can help you.

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

DVD recorders with HDD are hare to fine in the USA. DVD combo recorders have very limited use for making DVD copies from VHS tapes.
But new recorders come out often so google around.
If you are looking for one unit the will function as a DVR, VCR, DVD player/recorder,cable box GOOD LUCK.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2478239]The available recorders and their capabilities depend entirely on where in the world you are located, since different standards are used in different countries. It also depends on how you get your tv signal, e.g. sattelite, cable, or terrestrial antenna.

Please provide us with that kind of information, and maybe someone can help you.

Welcome to the forum! :)[/QUOTE]

I am living on Merseyside in the UK

TV is fed by digital aerial using coaxial cable
that is looped through Sky HD box and VCR

There is also a sky satellite HD System
and a Freesat Box both linked to TV
with HDMI cables and Scart Leads
looped through the existing VCR