DVD Rebuilder

vbimport

Is DVDRebuilder free and if so where is a good place to download DVDRebuilder

Thanks.
Kimberley

Hello Everyone,I did not find [B]DVDRebuilder[/B] and I will ask same question again,Where do I go to find [B]DVDRebuilder[/B] so that I can have another shot at [B]Sherlock Holmes[/B] and it will give me something to do and would like to try it.

[B]Kimberley[/B]

@Kimberley_1987 , Here is the DVDRebuilder link:
http://info.dvd-rb.com/
Just go to downloads & select one of the two below for the free version.There is a pay for pro version with more features I use the free one with some modifications.
DVD Rebuilder full Installer (v 0.98.2)
or
DVD Rebuilder - Updates Only Package (v 0.98.2)
If you prefer to build your own DVDRebuilder folder.
There are no settings to speak of for the HCenc in the free version unless you put the
HC.ini & HCenc_023.exe in the same folder as DVDRebuilder.exe.
The free version has a file in it HCbatch.EXE .Replace this with HCenc_023.exe .
Then in the rebuilder.ini file cahnge the line in [Paths] to :
HC=C:\DVDRebuilder\HCenc_023.exe
This is if you build your own & locate the DVDRebuilder folder in C:.
If you use the installer the change would be in:
C:\Program Files\DVD-RB\HCenc_023.exe if I remember correctly DVDRB is the name in Program Files.Anyway it needs to be the correct name in Program Files on your OS.
You need to download the HCENC here:

The Rebuilder.txt file will have this but you also need
DGDECODE.DLL which I think is included & you need
AVISYNTH http://sourceforge.net/projects/avisynth2/
You need to add this under [Options]:
HC=HC.ini
Other than that check HC Encoder Mode under Mode pulldown & HC Encoder Options Best under the options pulldown.

Until you get more familiar with DVDRebuilder this is a good
HC.ini file:
*BITRATE 6000
*MAXBITRATE 9000
*DC_PREC 10
*AUTOGOP 15
*BIAS 0
*MATRIX mpeg
*ASPECT 16:9
*INTERLACED
*PROFILE BEST
*PRIORITY HIGH
*AVSRELOAD
If you have dark scenes you want lighter the add :
*LUMGAIN 1
You can increase this up to 4.

There is another setting *ADAPTIVEMATRIX that is similar but you need the matrix files in the DVD Rebuilder folder & change the name according to which matrix you want to use.Maybe more trouble than you want to use.

The [Paths] should look like mine in the last post except you probably don’t have this add on NICAUDIO=C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins
icaudio.dll .

@ Kimberley_1987 , I posted information in the topic in the link below.

Edit: Moved to this thread by request of Wombler. Your information is in the ^ previous post.

Hi,no help at all.I downloaded it but don’t know about this part.

[B]Source Path[/B]
[B]Working Path[/B]
[B]Output Path[/B]

What goes in those cause nowhere does it explain how to use and also have movie on Hard Disc and no info on how to get those to the Rebuilder

Thanks Anyways.
[B]Kimberley[/B]

[B]Source Path[/B] The file/disc your wanting to use it on.

[B]Working Path[/B] Make a folder for it to use to work on the file/disc.

[B]Output Path[/B] Folder for the finished product.

I use folders so i know where stuff is, you don’t have to i don’t think.

I believe that is correct.

Thank you [B]Bob[/B] and will give it a try.

[QUOTE=cholla;2507895]@ Kimberley_1987 , I posted information in the topic in the link below.

Edit: Moved to this thread by request of Wombler. Your information is in the ^ previous post.[/QUOTE]

Guys sorry for the delay in reporting this here.

I had to wait until another mod had moved your post cholla.

Just thought I’d give you guys your own thread to enable you to discuss this more freely.

HTH. :flower:

[B]Wombler [/B]

Thanks Wombler.
Just to make it clear I’m still working on learning to use DVDRebuilder myself.
So far I haven’t sucessfully ripped from a commercial DVD disc with DVDRebuilder even with AnyDVD enabled.
Kerry56 told me this would be much slower even if it worked.
Kimberley_1987 I put this in in case you were trying to use DVDRebuilder to do a rip directly from a commercial DVD.
As I use it more I may try again.But I have plenty of software that will do a rip & then work from the ripped folders.
Also for a freeware .At least right now you could use the DVDFab Passkey instead of AnyDVD.I haven’t used DVDFab Passkey yet since I have AnyDVD .
If you can’t rip Sherlock Holmes which is the one you are having trouble with. With DVDFab I don’t know if you have the free after trial version or are still using the trial time.Or have purchased DVDFab. Then try DVDFab Passkey with DVDShrink using NO Compression for the rip to your harddrive.That should give you the full movie as it is on the DVD disc except decrypted.Also make the setting in Preferences for DVD-9.
You can use DVDRebuilder to encode that if it is what you want.It would have the preveiws,menus,extras,multiple audio & subtitle tracks.Most people want to eliminate some of thes for better quality.
Since I use the free version of DVDRebuilder it doesn’t have the movie only so I can’t do that with it.The pro version has that feature & more from what I have seen.
The free version does allow deletion of any unwanted Audio or subtitle tracks.
I usually use CloneDVD2 to rip to DVD 9 movie only .Then compress with DVDRebuilder.
I only do that if the rip needs compressing to fit on a single layer disc.Many times it doesn’t.

Glad to help cholla.

If you’re using the free version of DVD Rebuilder then you can remove all the unwanted stuff with additional software such as PgcEdit or VobBlanker prior to compressing with DVD Rebuilder.

VobBlanker is easier to learn at first but TBH I never use it now as PgcEdit is so much more powerful once you’re familiar with it.

I have the the full version of DVD Rebuilder and it’s great software.

If want movie only then I’ll do everything in DVD Rebuilder but if I’m wanting to have menus etc I’ll do all the menu editing and unwanted titleset removal in PgcEdit before running through DVD Rebuilder.

If you’ve any queries about any of this though feel please feel free to ask.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I have the the full version of DVD Rebuilder and it’s great software.

:iagree:…I used the free version for a while, and just had to have all the features of the Pro version…
Yeah I know there are free methods/tools/apps to git-er-done, but sometimes it’s like–well, buying a new toy…:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=cholla;2507959]At least right now you could use the DVDFab Passkey instead of AnyDVD.I haven’t used DVDFab Passkey yet since I have AnyDVD .
Then try DVDFab Passkey with DVDShrink using No Compression for the rip to your harddrive.That should give you the full movie as it is on the DVD disc except decrypted.Also make the setting in Preferences for DVD-9.[/QUOTE]

I tried DVDShrink this way with a couple of newer movies from commercial pressed discs.
I temporarily installed DVDFab passkey also.
AnyDVD with DVDShrink gave this error:

DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue Out of memory The parameter is incorrect

I have 200GB free on my harddrive & 4GB of RAM even if Vista only recognizes 3GB.So I didn’t run out of memory.
With DVDFab Passkey I got other errors with Pathplayer enabled & disabled.
So DVDShrink is out as a ripper for newer DVDs.
Even though ImgBurn gives this warning with AnyDVD enabled.

AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn’s ability to verify accurately, please ensure it’s disabled!

It ripped the DVD to .iso with no problem.
That could be mounted in a virtual drive like VirtualCloneDrive.Then DVDShrink will work with it.
I have already uninstalled DVDFab Passkey since it appeared it would only be full featured until June .So I can’t say how it works with ImgBurn.
It does take more to do it all with freeware.
I have used PgcEdit & need to learn to use it better.I ended up playing around till the movie was messed up.Good thing I was working with an extra copy I made.
I usually just use AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 since I have the full versions of those.If I want a menu I just select “Preserve Menu” with either movie only or the full clone.
I have went to using the DL/DVD9 rip then if that is too large for a single layer I use DVDRebuilder to encode it to SL/DVD5 size.That way I use an encoder instead of CloneDVD2’s transcoder.
CloneDVD2 doesn’t transcode if it has enough space.So there should be no compression on the rip.

On newer movies that prove troublesome ripping with DVDShrink, I just go ahead and rip the entire thing as files using the built-in ripper within AnyDVD. Shrink has never shown any bad behavior on those files, once ripped to the hard drive.

I virtually always do movie only backups, so I have never had sufficient reason to learn PGCEdit very well…probably should, but need incentive!

DVDRebuilder Pro has proved to be an excellent program for me as well. Lately I’ve been using the HC encoder, and haven’t seen any reason to use ProCoder. But I back up dvds very infrequently these days anyway. Have moved on to Blu ray for those movies I want badly enough to buy.

I sometime like to play with software.I just wanted to see if I could get DVDShrink to do this.
I have also used the ripper in AnyDVD with good results.
As posted I have been able to get DVDRebuilder free to do more with HCenc than it does if just installed.
I haven’t yet figured out how to get it to encode a DVD9 & leave it a DVD9.
The reason I would like to do that is to see if it looks better that what Hollywood did on the pressed disc.Like HCencs ability to lighted dark scenes.
Then see how it burns to a DL.
I haven’t gone to Blu ray yet but may as time goes on.There may be no choice.
Right now I’m still using DVD’s.

Hi, I’ve ripped a blu-ray but can’t get DVD-RB to ID the source path. It says, “The directory selected does not contain DVD material.” I notice that it works for regular ripped dvds (video_ts folder) but not blu ray ripped dvds (bdmv and certificate folder). Any ideas???

@Brynn
DVD Rebuilder only works on dvds, not blu ray. If you want to compress blu ray movies, you should use BD Rebuilder, which is free and written by the same guy who made DVD Rebuilder.

You can find BD Rebuilder here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716 Read that first post carefully and download the helper programs that need to be installed with BD Rebuilder. You can also follow my guide for setting up the program…there is a link in my signature to the BD Rebuilder guide.