DVD Read Problems (Sony AW-G170A / DRU-170C)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony AW-G170A / DRU-170C. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi
I’ve got this weird problem. I have two optical drives; a samsung combo drive (SM 352B) and a Sony Dvd writer (AW G170A). I notice that when I burn some dvds on my sony, after being done, they cannot be read by the sony drive but can be read on the samsung drive. What could be the prob? I use Nero 8 for burning, run XP, P4 2.6GHz, and have 512MB RAM.

Can you could post a burn log?

[QUOTE=matterking;2107144][qanda]This thread is about the Sony AW-G170A / DRU-170C. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi
I’ve got this weird problem. I have two optical drives; a samsung combo drive (SM 352B) and a Sony Dvd writer (AW G170A). I notice that when I burn some dvds on my sony, after being done, they cannot be read by the sony drive but can be read on the samsung drive. What could be the prob? I use Nero 8 for burning, run XP, P4 2.6GHz, and have 512MB RAM.[/QUOTE]

How often have you cleaned your laser lens? How do you have your burners connected? What kinda media are you using? Could be bad media or burning to fast. What is the exact version of Nero 8 do you have.

@ Dialysis: I’ll post a log as soon as i have the problem.
My dvd writer is jus a few weeks old. Nero version is 8.2.8.0. Both optical drives are connected in parallel to an IDE, with I initially used Moser baer DVD-R media for writing. Once i started having this trouble, I switched over to Sony DVD+R discs. Then the problem stopped. I also found that I had trouble with the MB dvds when I burnt them at 18x, while writing at lower speeds eliminated the problem. Though I’ve found the solution (ie. use sony Dvds), I’m just curious as to how and why certain dvd’s that were burnt on my sony can’t be read by it but can be read and played on a samsung combo drive.