DVD-Ranger reports new copy protection on movie “A Million Ways to Die in the West”

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVD-Ranger reports new copy protection on movie “A Million Ways to Die in the West”[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/10/myce-a-million-ways-to-die-in-the-west-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

DVD-Ranger states on its website that the Blu-ray movie “A Million Ways to Die in the West” contains a new copy protection that prevents their Cinavia removal software CinEx from doing its job.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-reports-new-copy-protection-on-movie-a-million-ways-to-die-in-the-west-73118](http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-reports-new-copy-protection-on-movie-a-million-ways-to-die-in-the-west-73118)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Woops, foiled again.:wink:

What a surprise. DVDRanger not working any more?

It appears to me that DVDRanger worked because they were able to figure out how the Cinavia embedding is done, and processed audio accordingly to erase Cinavia. The pitfall is Verance changes some parameter and it does not work again. I am just speculating as I know nothing what’s going on.

My Cinavia removal method, however, does NOT rely on knowing any specifics of the embedding method. That is why my method is practically FUTURE PROOF. As a proof my method easily removed Digimarc audio watermark, without me knowing how Digimarc audio watermark was done. Verance can modify their parameter any way they want, but my removal method will be equally effective.

For those of you sticking your neck out waiting for me to release my method. Wait no further. There are plenty of research paper discussing how to defeat conventional audio watermarking. Just Google to find them. Like random crop and insertion, geometry distortion. It’s been researched to death. You just need to know how to write a computer program to implement it. I encourage people to Google to find the methods and then discuss them here.

Hey, DVDRanger. Send me some audio clip from that movie that you are unable to process, I will show you that I can remove Cinavia from it just as well. A blind attack always works much more effectively than an informed attack, you know.

Thus far Verance has not brought any charge against me, or even send me a cease and desist letter. They know full well I have no possession of their trade secrets. I am just exercising my constitutional freedom of research, speech and publication.

OK there needs to be a clarification on this topic post .

Please read this closely :

Note: Currently there is an issue with “A Million Ways to Die in the West” Blu-ray copies.

“A new copy protection type hinders [B][I][U]CinEx HD Utility[/U][/I][/B] from removing Cinavia.”

This is a temporary issue and will be fixed next few days.

Until this time [B][I][U]you can[/U][/I][/B] [B]create an AVCHD or Movie Only Blu-ray disk copy with DVD-Ranger CinEx HD[/B].

"CinEx HD Utility [B][I][U]can[/U][/I][/B] process mkv or other video files / copies well. "

[B][I][U]The problem is just for Blu-ray 1:1.[/U][/I][/B]

And as further clarification you [U]do still need[/U] a ‘DeCrypter’ such as AnyDVDHD or DVDFab (non-US version) to use DVD-Ranger CinEx HD, as DVD-Ranger CinEx HD [B]ONLY[/B] works to disable Cinavia. Correct?

Cienoway , I’ve about had it with the “Google & do it yourself posts” you make.

So I took a disc a put it in a strainer & washed it for an hour.
Wait that didn’t work the Cinavia was still there.
I forgot I’m not a [B]discwasher[/B].
I’m not a computer program writer either ,
So I would expect about the same results if I tried that.

So either release your program in detail so maybe someone will try to create a software I can just buy. Like most computer users want.The vast majority of us aren’t software authors & don’t plan to be.

@ olyteddy, Maybe the best DVDFab product for this would be Passkey for Blu-ray. That would probably be a non-US version now also.

Absolutely correct as you would also need using the other products by other software company’s that require a decryption tool for the use of CinEx HD Utility to remove Cinavia from there programs

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2739210]And as further clarification you [U]do still need[/U] a ‘DeCrypter’ such as AnyDVDHD or DVDFab (non-US version) to use DVD-Ranger CinEx HD, as DVD-Ranger CinEx HD [B]ONLY[/B] works to disable Cinavia. Correct?[/QUOTE]

How about this you completely remove Cinavia from “A Million Ways To Die In the West” BD load it up somewhere so we can download it and check your process .

Just a little notation we have 2 programs now available .

[QUOTE=Cienoway;2739183]What a surprise. DVDRanger not working any more?

It appears to me that DVDRanger worked because they were able to figure out how the Cinavia embedding is done, and processed audio accordingly to erase Cinavia. The pitfall is Verance changes some parameter and it does not work again.

[…snip snip snip…]
[/QUOTE]

My apology to you cholla, that was intended for the other person Cienoway, I agree with your statement !!!

[QUOTE=DVDRangerForum;2739216]My apology to you cholla, that was intended for the other person Cienoway, I agree with your statement !!![/QUOTE]

Fixed the quotation. :wink:

All talk and no action.

I am going to get you headed in the right direction , "let me sell you the Foxburner SDK in numerous affordable product forms " this means stop all the yap - hipe and build your software . I’ll get you a head start .http://www.ifoerster.com/purchase/

[QUOTE=Cienoway;2739183]What a surprise. DVDRanger not working any more?

It appears to me that DVDRanger worked because they were able to figure out how the Cinavia embedding is done, and processed audio accordingly to erase Cinavia. The pitfall is Verance changes some parameter and it does not work again. I am just speculating as I know nothing what’s going on.

My Cinavia removal method, however, does NOT rely on knowing any specifics of the embedding method. That is why my method is practically FUTURE PROOF. As a proof my method easily removed Digimarc audio watermark, without me knowing how Digimarc audio watermark was done. Verance can modify their parameter any way they want, but my removal method will be equally effective.

For those of you sticking your neck out waiting for me to release my method. Wait no further. There are plenty of research paper discussing how to defeat conventional audio watermarking. Just Google to find them. Like random crop and insertion, geometry distortion. It’s been researched to death. You just need to know how to write a computer program to implement it. I encourage people to Google to find the methods and then discuss them here.

Hey, DVDRanger. Send me some audio clip from that movie that you are unable to process, I will show you that I can remove Cinavia from it just as well. A blind attack always works much more effectively than an informed attack, you know.

Thus far Verance has not brought any charge against me, or even send me a cease and desist letter. They know full well I have no possession of their trade secrets. I am just exercising my constitutional freedom of research, speech and publication.[/QUOTE]

You can ban me if you want, I just want to know if Management is going to let the same people ,CLENOWAY, start this BS again. I thought we were done with it since the programmer/owner has been banned. It is very ovious that CLENOWAY wants no mention of DVDRANGER on this board and therefor will do anything to get his way. DVDRANGER is gone, so how about the management protecting his rights now. How about publix banning CLENOWAY now for starting the smear tactics AGAIN

Marty

Dont bann him yet , I am trying to sell him software to get him started in the real world of software engineering

@ Cienoway: I have to agree with Cholla and Thor and hereby formally request you either provide proof or stop the trolling posts. Or both, if you prefer… :wink:

Thank you sir. It has been a nice quiet board for a long time now Pleasure to be on it

Marty

It appears the CineXHD.com website doesn’t work properly anymore. Anyone a clue why?

Yea the server crashed while doing a Microsoft Update.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2739253]It appears the CineXHD.com website doesn’t work properly anymore. Anyone a clue why?[/QUOTE]
Its back up now. :slight_smile:

Its partly back up, not all content has been recovered and put back in place.