DVD-Ranger releases CinEx HD, promises unsurpassed sound quality

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2720674]@roadworker: I know that it is a bad news for ATI owners. But to be honest, their GPU technology is scrap. For us developers CUDA is well documented, has a well working API. And do not have for each card a different technology. ATI made a bad job into GPU. We do not want to pay for their flaws. So we chose CUDA. Sorry.

@all: We have released the software yesterday. After not 12 hours you cry because your movie database is not available. Please take care, the 10 databases are the beginning, not the end.[/QUOTE]

No crying here, this is a major step forward in the advanced technology of disabling Cinavia and I think the majority of our members are thankful. Your contribution to the community is not unnoticed and I applaud you.

Thanks Alan

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2720674]@roadworker: I know that it is a bad news for ATI owners. But to be honest, their GPU technology is scrap. For us developers CUDA is well documented, has a well working API. And do not have for each card a different technology. ATI made a bad job into GPU. We do not want to pay for their flaws. So we chose CUDA. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Understood…you as developer know what’s easy,what’s possible or what’s not feasable :slight_smile:
We,as consumers,are no programmers,so we don’t know anything about inner workings of a GPU architecture…:disagree:
The only thing that really matters to us,is price-performance,and good working hardware,and I do know that the market share of ATI cards is bigger than you think…;)…and Intel even has the biggest share,and has Quick Sync to speed up encodings…and OpenCl,isn’t that 1 possible to run on all 3 GPU’s,and well documented??
IMHO there’s a lot of potential customers you’ll never reach with the “for Nvidia only” approach…
But anyway,congratulations with your victory over the dreadful Cinavia…:clap:
I sincerely hope that you guys get the recognition you deserve from the movie enthousiasts…:iagree:

@ DVDRangerForum, congratulations on reaching this far. I was initially skeptical, but know I am quite happy with progress you guys have made.

1. I have NVidia GPU 580, is this gone work when you have develop API to support cuda processing.

2. Is your company planning to implement ability to upload result to database? For example I process something on my side and may be have option to share result with rest of world.

@roadworker
Quick Sync from Intel is also good documentated and the API is also good. But Quicksync and Cuda are also very different. WE have more experience with Cuda so our first GPU development will be Cuda. But please do not forget, we will try out the GPU. We really do not know anything about the results. Maybe in worst cases it will not help. Let see what the development will bring.

@012
You do not create the databases, this is done by us. It is a very complex way and it is needed to use a special software “CinExLabs” our own development, to create the databases. So you cannot share them.

I downloaded a trial version of your new cinex hd and installed it on my pc along with anydvd and tried to copy a bd movie and it works but the movie does not finish I get only about half the movie the same thing happens using a non bd movie.
I also tried it on a laptop with the same results is there a setting I am missing I didn’t have any problem with 5.2.2.8 that version works fine in trial?

Thanks in advance.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2720710]@roadworker
Quick Sync from Intel is also good documentated and the API is also good. But Quicksync and Cuda are also very different. WE have more experience with Cuda so our first GPU development will be Cuda. But please do not forget, we will try out the GPU. We really do not know anything about the results. Maybe in worst cases it will not help. Let see what the development will bring.
[/QUOTE]

THX for your reply…take a (llittle :wink: ) bit of well deserved time off,and we will see what the future will bring …;).
1 last thing to add about GPU acceleration,and then I’ll shut up:

Intel announces Quick Sync support on Pentium,Celeron and selected older generation CPU’s

List of supported CPU’s :

4th Generation Intel Core Processors with Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200
4th Generation Intel Core Processors with Intel Iris Graphics 5100
4th Generation Intel Core Processors with Intel HD Graphics 5000/4600/4400/4200
3rd Generation Intel Core Processors with Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500
Intel Pentium Processor 3558U/3561Y/G3220/G3220T/G3320TE/G3420/G3420T/G3430 with Intel HD Graphics
Intel Celeron Processor 2957U/2961Y/2981U/G1820/G1820T/G1820TE/G1830 with Intel HD Graphics

So,this could be quite a big piece of the cake for you…;):iagree:

I think the best option (if it can be made working) would be OpenCL as that one is - as far as I know - supported by AMD, nVidia and Intel. However I never personally looked at OpenCL myself so I don’t know how feasible it is or how well it is documented.

On a technical level, may I ask what kind of information you keep in the database? Is it the fully decrypted soundtrack or just information for the CinEx module on how exactly the audio data has to be altered in order to disable Cinavia

I downloaded the database for After Earth and it was flawless, what a difference.:bow:

I’ve tried the trial version and as far as I can see it doesn’t remove the Cinavia.
I set it to level 1 and to output as Blu-ray, but it doesn’t output to the folder I ask it to and the folder it creates in the temp folder has all the Blu-ray folders, but only 1 of them has any files in it which is an m2ts file and is only 38 minutes long. It also doesn’t seem to spend any time checking to see if the audio has CInavia as it only seems to take about 30mins to make the file. I tried it with 1 film not in the database and one that is, although I didn’t download the database file for that film as I wanted to see if it worked without the database file. If I then take this file and use TSMuxer to make a complaint Blu-ray it flags Cinavia after 20mins of playing

[QUOTE=Adbear;2720730]I’ve tried the trial version and as far as I can see it doesn’t remove the Cinavia.
I set it to level 1 and to output as Blu-ray, but it doesn’t output to the folder I ask it to and the folder it creates in the temp folder has all the Blu-ray folders, but only 1 of them has any files in it which is an m2ts file and is only 38 minutes long. It also doesn’t seem to spend any time checking to see if the audio has CInavia as it only seems to take about 30mins to make the file. I tried it with 1 film not in the database and one that is, although I didn’t download the database file for that film as I wanted to see if it worked without the database file. If I then take this file and use TSMuxer to make a complaint Blu-ray it flags Cinavia after 20mins of playing[/QUOTE]I am having somwhat the same problem the program is only coping about 39% of the BD or regular Movie to mobile or whatever setting I put it on and I have tried it with no sucsess on now three different Pcs and lap tops they all copy only about half or less than of the entire movies.
I have done clean installs of both win7 ultimate and windows 8.1 with the same results and have tried over 5-bd movies and 5 regular movies same problem says it is done at about 49% through it.

The Cinex HD only works with the 10 currently available titles on rangers site. And you have to dl an archive for every movie. I do think it’s a tedious concept…I have my own conspiracy theory…how it works…but I will be shup about it until time proves me wrong otherwise.
I would highly recommend that Cinex HD app offers a conversion approach, if the movie isn’t supported, there are some movies that have gone under the radar, that will likely not be on your list in the future.(most people don’t mind waiting for a day to get Cinavia removed if it works…:flower: ) fruit for thought.

Best Regards.

From what I read it’s supposed to work with all Cinavia discs, it’s just that it will take 3 hours to decode 30mins of audio if it’s not in the database. I specifically wanted to test it with discs that aren’t on the list so I could see how well it works on decoding new films.
It also still doesn’t explain why it drops out on every disc with only 38mins of encoded footage

Ah OK I read it wrong, a bit lame that you can’t decode them yourself.

[QUOTE=ILLP;2720731]I am having somwhat the same problem the program is only coping about 39% of the BD or regular Movie to mobile or whatever setting I put it on and I have tried it with no sucsess on now three different Pcs and lap tops they all copy only about half or less than of the entire movies.
I have done clean installs of both win7 ultimate and windows 8.1 with the same results and have tried over 5-bd movies and 5 regular movies same problem says it is done at about 49% through it.[/QUOTE]

With this version? Released today:

Build: 6.0.1.1; Size: 39.13 MB; Date: Februrary, 28, 2014

[QUOTE=roadworker;2720756]With this version? Released today:

Build: 6.0.1.1; Size: 39.13 MB; Date: Februrary, 28, 2014[/QUOTE]

BTW I have 6.0.1.0. Check for updates option doesn’t work.
And it didn’t work in previous v5.2.2.8.

DvdRanger, I don’t think you have understand my question or may be I didn’t word it properly.

I know database has to be developed and maintain at your side. I am not asking question about that. What my question is about is API, cuda and processing audio. Consider a scenario in which we have no database for the movie. In this case all calculation would be done on GPU once cuda is implemented into program. My question is will program upload the result of processing done on CUDA for that disc to server for future use and possibly save time when others do it.

Basically in simple terms my question is would program share result with server when it locally process disc with help of cuda api, of course you may need to tweak it if required. However it will save your time not to process whole disc again on your side. Especially when your software already did with help of GPU on user side.

@ 012,kind of like AccurateRip…a community efford…:bigsmile:

@Dvd Ranger, If I am mistaken and don’t understand. Can you help understand this part.

After some days of relaxing, last weeks were very hard, I think we will start to try a CUDA development of CinEX HD. I think with a good card and much GPUs it will be possible to make a fast PC build.

By this means would user still need database or GPU will be able to process without database? If it can do without database will program share result with your server over encrypted connection for future use.

@ roadworker

You hit right on target and that is exactly what I am trying to find out. If dvd ranger incorporate ability to upload calculation result from his program to central server on their side for a movie which was not in their database.

On a side note, I just visited their website and database is huge. Dial up users won’t be happy for sure.