DVD-Ranger posts pre-release of CinEx – with quality improvements

All right, play nice in here guys.

DVDRanger, I for one am glad to see you and your team are still working on this issue. And I hope you continue to have success improving the output. But as for “market ready”, I’m not sure your current beta fits that description. The public has become accustomed to very high quality audio in their blu ray movies, and any method that degrades that sound will be met with indifference at best, or even hostility. You have a very large hurdle to clear in this approach to defeating Cinavia.

terramex. Hmm, I do not want to blame, but I post my commenst from the story page with the “Post a comment”. Sorry, but there is no market ready “Edit” button. So is it really market ready or in Beta?

Iam wondeing, that many people discuss the phrase “market ready” and many people also wrote comments about the AudaCity Cinavia solution. But noone here have ever verified the issue with Audacity. It seems that ALL people here jumped on the train and diss the DVD-Ranger software.
We have just made ONE try and got Cinavia. So what is going on here?

Read and test yourself:
http://www.dvd2hd.com/2013/09/08/audacity-rectification/

It’s a shame.

I too applaud DVDranger for attempting to make a product to defeat cinavia.
(not that I am likely to buy the product though)
Over the past couple of weeks, I have performed many tests to see how the cinavia works and in the process of refining as I go.
I believe I have discovered interesting things, right now, I am roughly documenting them.
I have much work to do yet however…so don’t anyone get their hopes in a perfect solution, in fact, as it stands now…unless someone has the design build of the watermark, I have serious doubts there will ever be a method that can defeat it without mangling the audio to a certain extent.
I now know enough about it to realize that the results of defeating it with filters will have some smear/ tonal changes.

So my conclusion as it stands right now is the best we can hope for is a result that won’t trigger the cinavia detection but the process will have audio degradation.

Really though think about it, they said it couldn’t be broken, that is already proved untrue as DVDranger has a version, Macrovision3500 has found at least 2 methods and I have a couple of models as well…not that mine are any better…perhaps worse…there likely would be difference of opinions about them.

Right now though, I am ready not to relate mine…I have seen how the others have been torn up and down…and I would like to better mine before I make them public.
Could be some time yet…as I am not in any hurry and still in the phase of first detection (at the 20 minute, 20 second)…if it is border line then the detection kicks in @ 21~20 second…and I have one result to kick in @ 23 minutes.
Also, I am only working with stereo/2 channels as I see no need to include multi-channel with the rough results obtained.

Believe me, it is not easy to keep the detection from not happening in the first place–with an audio that can be listen-able and there are a lot of filters that simply don’t work…even though they mangle/smear.

So let’s keep an open mind…even though the alternatives of workarounds of not playing from a physical disc/non-cinavia detection hardware/software are no doubt the best way to go.

I took this on not that I really need to but as a challenge to see what I can find out about the subject(some people enjoy working crossword puzzles)…the more we know about it…can’t hurt to know more.

I have a lot of ideas to try out to see if I can improve the audio output and/or document how it behaves to various scenarios.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2698897]All right, play nice in here guys.

DVDRanger, I for one am glad to see you and your team are still working on this issue. And I hope you continue to have success improving the output. But as for “market ready”, I’m not sure your current beta fits that description. The public has become accustomed to very high quality audio in their blu ray movies, and any method that degrades that sound will be met with indifference at best, or even hostility. You have a very large hurdle to clear in this approach to defeating Cinavia.[/QUOTE]

I agree entirely Kerry. In fact it’s more than just that the public have been become accustomed to very high quality audio.

Blu-ray has always been marketed on the basis of ultra high quality picture and audio which has tended to attract the people that this is important to.

A lot of enthusiasts and early devotees will have spent a lot of money on their kit and will therefore want to get the best out of it.

I upgraded my surround sound system a couple of years ago and one of the reasons I also switched over to Blu-ray, at the time, was the high quality audio.

Presumably I’m not unique in that regard. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

I also applauded your efforts DVD Ranger. But I have to wonder and please if you cant answer please feel free to say, “I can’t answer” . If Verance or Sony stopped you from doing this with an injunction the first time, how come they are letting you do this now? I am sure they are aware of your efforts. It would be a shame for you to do all this work and then be hit with another injunction from Verance or Sony. I don’t understand your logic, if you are successful like the last time, they will stop you and if you fail you won’t sell any modules, so what is your motivation here?:confused: This is a friendly question, just wondering.

I have a question for dvdranger for those of us that have a lifetime dvdranger license that paid about $90.00 for your software and are loyal customers why would we have to purchase and spend another $100.00 on top of that to get the new CinEXversion?

I can’t imagine too many are purchasing the new CinEx version that have already bought the lifetime licenses after reading all over the web so many negitave reports which is truly a shame your the only company that is making progress slow but steady and you get treated llike crap all over the web.

Might be a good idea to email your customers with a half way decent discount for the new program upgrade.

Regards,
ILLP

ILLP, without getting more money, DVDRanger may not continue to put out these excellent products. With their loyal customers’ support, they’ll be able to continue this, as you wrote, “progress”.

CinEx will become a monthly subscription and no new lifetime licenses will be sold.

So the cheapest way to backup these protected discs is to buy the module once a year and do all the backups of the discs you bought the recent year during that month and after this month you cancel the subscription. :confused:

I’m not working with nor do I have anything with cinavia on it.
I just want to give cudos to Steve33 & Macrovision3500 for trying to find a solution. Then posting what they find at no cost.

Before DVDranger or the other DVD-Ranger member jumps in & says “why not [B]ME[/B]” ? Because you are selling your results in a software. One that does no better job so far that the free solution posted by the two members above.

If the information that is in previous threads is correct . DVD-Ranger or dvd2hd.com should have far more staff & technical “experts” working for them to do this. They should also have more access to technical information. The standard for cinavia should be purchasable from Verance or Sony. Drive manufacturers have to have it so a software company should be able to have it as well. If not they should appear to be starting to manufacture drives & need the information.

I admit I might have the business model incorrect . I don’t know what is involved with drive & standalone player manufacture . All I know is how do the drives do the detection if their manufacturers don’t have a standard for this detection . If they do then it should be available . Even if some scamming is necessary to get it.
Individuals just don’t have those resources.

Breaking Cinavia protection is a solution in search of a problem.

The only possible use for a low-end software like this is to convert BD content to a portable format for small-screen players, where loss of quality is assumed. It has virtually no application for anyone wanting to back up a BD in original quality.

There are more than a few ways to get around Cinavia for anyone who’s able to rip and store movie-only files, and playback on most current devices is without problem.

The ONLY case where the presence of Cinavia is even relevant is where playback on a licensed BD player (hardware or software) is necessary. In NO OTHER case does it matter whether Cinavia is present or not. And even in that case there are ways around it that don’t involve any loss of quality, re-encoding or anything else. The PS3 is the exception, since its forced to respect Cinavia in all media files and formats.

I was told by a developer I don’t wish to recognize that Cinavia is impossible to remove, the only way around it is to disable the trigger that detects it.:wink: I am not an audio expert but thats what I was told by one.:wink:

So remove the trigger & figure out how to still use the gun.
That’s easier with a flintlock than a Glock . :smiley:

[QUOTE=cholla;2699005]So remove the trigger & figure out how to still use the gun.
That’s easier with a flintlock than a Glock . :D[/QUOTE]
In this case the trigger doesn’t shoot, it only recognizes a signal.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2699006]In this case the trigger doesn’t shoot, it only recognizes a signal.:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Ok more like this:
Remote Controlled FN MAG 58

[QUOTE=alan1476;2698939]…I have to wonder and please if you cant answer please feel free to say, “I can’t answer” .

If Verance or Sony stopped you from doing this with an injunction the first time, how come they are letting you do this now? I am sure they are aware of your efforts. It would be a shame for you to do all this work and then be hit with another injunction from Verance or Sony. I don’t understand your logic, if you are successful like the last time, they will stop you and if you fail you won’t sell any modules, so what is your motivation here?:confused: This is a friendly question, just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and still looking forward to this answer.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2699226]Yes, and still looking forward to this answer.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Christine, he seems to have disappeared right after I asked my polite question. :wink: I just thought with all the previous hoopla, this was a fair question to be asked.:wink:

@ alan , Maybe you need to ask the question again in the newest thread about DVD-Ranger CinEx . It’s probably not as on topic but why not ?
I would also like to see the answer for this. If for no other reason to see if the answer will be what I expect.
DVDranger replied in that one 5 hours ago .That would have been 6:23 AM CST 9/10 2013.

[QUOTE=cholla;2699234]@ alan , Maybe you need to ask the question again in the newest thread about DVD-Ranger CinEx . It’s probably not as on topic but why not ?
I would also like to see the answer for this. If for no other reason to see if the answer will be what I expect.
DVDranger replied in that one 5 hours ago .That would have been 6:23 AM CST 9/10 2013.[/QUOTE]
That would be cross posting cholla, and I am in no position to be a cross poster. LOL;):bigsmile:

(At least Alan’s not trying to change his name to Chelsea…)

But the question remains about what changed.